Tuesday, January 04, 2005

So I'm in my senior AP English class last night, and I completely forgot that we were supposed to give prepared speeches on making hot cocoa. So I panic briefly and then remember the recipe that Kristina gave us as favors at Heather's wedding shower, so when it's my turn to give my speech I fumble around and am trying to remember the hot chocolate recipe by memory. In mid sentence, my teacher stops me- maybe it was Mrs. Huddleston, I don't know. But she basically says, "Amanda this is unacceptable, you should have been prepared." And so I get all flustered and mad and say, "No, you know what's ridiculous? This is an AP English class. We should be doing speeches on current events like the tsunami instead of on pointless subjects like hot coccoa! What are we learning by doing these speeches," I said? "It's total bull sh!t," I screamed. "I'm going to talk to Pam Vaden," (my then-vice principal, but now the head principal at the school where Momma B works) and then I stormed out of the classroom, much to the shock of my classmates. But then I realized I needed to calm down before going to Pam's office because I knew I would be crying too much to talk to her calmly about what happened. I was still wandering around Brentwood High aimlessly in tears trying to calm down when suddenly I am awakened by Rhonda sticking her head inside my bedroom door telling me it’s time to get up.

In case you didn't figure that out, that was my messed up dream from this morning! Must have been the Dan Dan noodles from PF Chang's last night! :o) The lesson to be learned is that Amanda’s snooze button turns off the alarm after you hit it for an hour, so get your behind out of bed!

6 comments:

emilyb said...

Those noodles were Dan good!

Anonymous said...

dreams like that always freak me out. it combines all the emotions of the past with a realization that you are beyond that place, but can't figure out why you're still stuck there. such an odd feeling. i'm glad you didn't get suspended or anything. ~ari

Anonymous said...

well amanda, this is kevin again. it looks like greg has commented on our conversation about converting over to a UK fan! its on the Blog where you talked about the "Christmas Story" movie. check it out when you can, and we need to do some work on him.

Amanda said...

how can you be related to this guy kevin??

Anonymous said...

amanda, its a tough job being related to greg, but someone has to do it. he was born 5 days after me, so i already got the smart pill and ended up a UK fan! Since your titans are out of it, root for MY Eagles!!

Amanda said...

will do. they do have former titan jevon kearse. but then i just like rookie of the year BR and I always have to root for former Vol Peyton Manning. So I guess my loyalties are split. Let's just say I'm pulling for the AFC all the way.