- Bradley turned 4 and had a Star Wars themed birthday party at Monkey Joe's (and I didn't even capitalize on the "May the 4th Be With You" theme when I could have - old age man, I tell ya, I'm slippin')
- I visited Mexico for the first time with "my best friend Heather from home" in July
- Fall soccer, the Green Dragons, went better than last year, but I am not certain soccer is going to be a sport my son enjoys
- Halloween as Darth Vader and Princess Leia
- I turned 32. Yuck. I like to pretend I'm at least a youthful 29.
- I finally got off my rear end and decided it was high time I gave law school a shot. Being a lawyer was a childhood ambition of mine that fell by the wayside when music took over my life, and so better late than never, I studied as much as I could for nearly half a year, and am currently awaiting the LSAT results.
- I am cautiously treading through the waters of online dating, so I'm sure I will be bringing you many tales of woe from my trusty laptop; however, if any of you knows any amazing eligible bachelors, feel free to send them my way!
- Laura and George welcomed baby Atticus into the world, and there is not yet a single picture of him on here.
- I am still coming to grips with the fact that I am not Superwoman, and there are not 36 hours in every day. I fall short of my expectations and to-do lists every day of my life, and am trying harder to strike a balance with everything.
- Bradley is learning all about sarcasm. I bet you'd never guess in a million years who felt it was necessary that he familiarize himself with this literary mechanism. What's funny is that he grasps the concept.
- I just experienced my first Christmas spent away from Bradley. In short, it sucked. Mothers should never have to spend holidays away from their children. But my wise old father helped me put things in perspective, and that lifted my attitude considerably. It's been a long week, but I'm anxiously awaiting celebrating Christmas II tomorrow when I pick him up.
- Happy early 39th anniversary to my amazing parents! As Sarah Palin said, Learnin's hard, but marriage is harder. Okay, that was admittedly a paraphrase. But in a society where divorce is more common than not, I am blessed to witness first hand the sacrifices a husband and wife make for one another to remain in a committed relationship.
- My big 2012 resolution was forgiveness, both for myself and for others. I'm not there yet, but I am definitely closer than where I was last year at this time.
Friday, December 28, 2012
Hey, remember that time I posted regularly to the blog? Yeah, me neither. I'm trying to turn over yet another new leaf and resurrect this thing as far too many events have gone by undocumented. For starters,