- Kentucky 102, Indiana 90
- Kentucky 82, Baylor 70
- The parking! Seriously! We bought parking passes online for both days, and the parking garage had walkways directly to the Georgia dome, and the concourse was about as close to our seats as you could get. We drove in and parked, and drove right out after the games both days with minimal game day traffic. I was flabbergasted. (Red parking deck, if you're ever in Atlanta... the Final Four is being held there next year, so I just may be back!)
- Our awesome hosts, family friends, Nathan & Ticia. Their house is gorgeous, it was only about 20 minutes from downtown, and they made breakfast for us both mornings. It was great getting to spend time with them.
- As much Cherry Coke as I could drink at the World of Coke taste testing area
- I kept punching dad in the arm, grinning and saying, "Can you believe we're really here?!" See below for our happy, giddy faces
|Can you believe we are at the Sweet 16??!!|
- Monsoon rain on the way to the ATL, and heavy traffic on the way back
- Missing the first turn to the Georgia Dome because I was playing "Yeah!" on my iPhone... I had a hankering to hear the "peace up, A-town" and it got us into trouble. Like, an hour-long traffic jam to drive around the block, trouble.
- The "Beverly" drink at the World of Coke... we each tried it in the taste-testing area and watched the next person's face as they sipped it for the first time. When in Italy, don't order a Beverly!
- Within ten minutes of getting into the Georgia Dome, I found out there was no beer being sold (hey, after sitting still in traffic for an hour, you'd want a cold one, too!), I broke my thumb nail all the way down, and the veggie dog that I ordered and was so excited about, they did not have. (Top 5 Vegetarian-Friendly Venue, my Butt!). It was a bad ten minutes. But then I decided that these bad things happen in threes, and so I took that as an omen that we were going to win the game.
- At this point in the season, UK has a lot of enemies. Watching that Louisville- Florida game, I didn't want either team to win. Can't they just give us our national title by default? Okay, so someone had to win, so it might as well have been Louisville.
- Waiting 2 hours (standing) to eat lunch at Taco Mac before Sunday's game. There were no tables to be had, and then they apparently had two pager #3s, so our name got bypassed. That food tasted delicious by the time we sat down and scarfed down lunch just barely getting to the Georgia Dome in time for the game. We also invited 2 other Kentucky fans to sit with us and eat since everyone was short on time and short on places to sit. The father & son were nice, but we strangely never exchanged names, only stories during our hasty lunch.
|NOT drinking a Beverly: Nathan, Tim, & Dad|
- Baylor's uniforms: As if the highlighter-yellow wasn't bad enough, they went to 11 with their awful Camo uniforms lined in bright yellow
- TAB: Why did Coke ever make this drink? Nathan and I each sampled this one at the World of Coke, and to me, it tasted like flat Coke with more sugar. Not as bad as the Beverly, but seriously Coke, why would you make this?
- While waiting in the hour-long traffic around the Georgia Dome, I searched the internet and played us several "Georgia-inspired" songs. There are many. This helped to calm our nerves while sitting still for way too long. It helped the time to pass, but I'd have preferred not to have wasted this time in the first place. (Stupid me, looking for URsher!)
- My Zoolander Fail Facebook post: Here's the picture- I thought it said "Magnum" but in reality, the sign said Mangum... DOH!
|Posing in front of the Kentucky-Indiana final scoreboard|
|My favorite time out- complete with the Wildcat sporting a Unibrow|
|Trying a new Coke product|
|Dad gets his complimentary bottle of Coke|
|Anthony Davis, National Player of the Year, shooting a free throw|
|Cats playing D|
|The newest game craze: Fatheads|
|The Three Goggles|
|Senior Darius Miller holding the net|
|Father-Daughter bonding time|