Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Tree of Life

Spring has sprung in middle Tennessee.  We had such a mild winter that all of the flowers and trees are blooming, and Easter's still nearly a month away.

Mom & Dad have this beautiful tree in their backyard which we've identified as a Chinese Magnolia.  Every spring the tree blooms these gorgeous flowers, and less than a week later, the flowers fall, blanketing the yard in soft white petals resembling a spring snow leaving the branches bare until the leaves come in and take over.

The past several years I've made a point to take a picture with Bradley in front of the blooming tree, and so I thought it might be neat to see the passage of time in pictures:
2010
 Bradley age 21 months
 2011
 Bradley age 2 1/2

 2012
 Bradley age 3 1/2
And no, I haven't yet seen the Terrence Malek film for which I wittily named this post, but I'll get around to it eventually.

No comments: