Thursday, March 01, 2012

Rhyme Time

I haven't done any posts on what B is up to these days, so here's a quick rundown:

It really is true what they say about kids: everything is a phase.  If something B is doing is driving me crazy (getting out of bed in the middle of the night... wetting himself at nap time... obsessed with Tom & Jerry) give it a few weeks, and the phase has passed.  Unfortunately, it can work both ways, and suddenly my angel can be a crab for several moody weeks as well.

Most exciting these days is that B has recently figured out rhyming words.  He will offer up several pairs of words- like car and bar, and tree and bree (okay, they're not always real words, but we're getting there) and he lights up when he realizes he's made up a rhyming pair.  As a self-proclaimed grammarphile, it makes me beam with pride that he's so interested in the English language.

These days, the favorite tv shows are Mike the Knight, the Backyardigans, Team Umizoomi, and Word Girl.

The Buddah belly is still there and he weighs in around 38 pounds-  still short and stocky for his age.

I'm in denial about his hair.  I still maintain that it's strawberry blonde, but most of the time anyone who meets him for the first time will comment on his Red hair.

Bradley loves Star Wars and Superheros.  He can't get enough of watching both on tv and dressing up in his various costumes and sword fighting and/or light saber fighting.  Oh, and of course, he calls it his life saver.  And he always says, I'm "be-tending," and likes to play with "marvelworks" (marbles).  He is quite taken with Wonder Woman, and told me the other night that Wonder Woman was pretty, and that he wanted to touch her boobies!  He is 3 1/2.  Where does he come up with this stuff??

Tonight, the creme de la creme:  Mommy, you're beautiful. And he told me that I was prettier than Wonder Woman.  Considering what a fox he thinks Wonder Woman is, I'll take that compliment.

No comments: