Thursday, January 13, 2005

Just call me Mabel of the mornin'

(Are you singing along like I am?) Angel of the Morning was one of Holt's and my favorite songs to rock out to when we were roommates in the good old Delta Zelta house. Along with Hero by Inrique Inglacias, Back Where I Come From (by Kenny Chesny), and Celine Dion's A New Day Has Come. Those were the days... when our open-door policy invited as many distractions as possible, and phone messages on our answering machine often got confusing ("Which Amanda were you trying to reach? Ok, does she have blonde or brown hair?..."). I also credit rooming with Amanda that year to my renewed interest in Country music, as I admit I had fallen away from it for some time.

All that to say, Mabel is the character I have just been cast to play in the upcoming production of the Pirates of Penzance. Of course it's a small theater, and there is no paycheck involved, but it will get me singing and on stage again, so I am thrilled. The show runs in March and April, so I can forsee the next few months of my life becoming devoted to this production. I'll try to still have something interesting to say on here that doesn't have to do with the opera, so bear with me.

For a short quip on high-maintence people that came about after a Penthouse hall meeting the other night, see here for the article "How high is too high?"


No comments: