Monday, January 10, 2005

Is it Monday Already?

Why is it that those 2 precious days that we call the weekend fly by faster than you can say “5 o’clock on Friday?” This weekend had a good mix of activities and down time for me. I did something highly unusual, and that is I didn’t set an alarm clock on Saturday morning. Stop the presses, but Amanda actually did not have her entire weekend planned out in to-do lists!! But first let’s back up to Friday.

Dinner with Tadd at the Macaroni Grizzity. It was very yummy, and full of laughter as time spent with Tadd usually is. He got a new car but Mrs. Copeland Collins hit it- and she didn’t even tell him about it! (YHTBT) He and I rode along listening to a German immersion cd on our way to the restaurant because we are just that cool. You listen to a short conversation in German, then the second time they speak very slowly, and then by the third time when they repeat it at normal speed you should understand most of it. Only Tadd and I would find this fun though. Upon arriving back at the Penthouse, Emily and I agreed that we were too tired to go out, plus it was pouring down rain, so we were both dozing on the couch watching TV when Rhonda Lu walked in after 9. I actually crawled into bed at 9:30- it was wonderful! I think my body was still playing catch up from all the holiday travel and sleepless nights in Lexington.

Saturday was spent doing- whatever I felt like, GOSH!! I worked on my South Africa scrapbook, worked out with Rhonda Lu, and spent some time learning how to use my new favorite toy, my new cell phone. Let’s all take a moment to mourn the passing of my pink “ghetto nokia” phone. It’s been a real trouper for the past 2 ½ years, but the time had come to replace it. Close to the top of my agenda is finding a pink background for my phone’s wallpaper. Sat night we all went to the Bluebird for a Songwriters in the Round show that included Dave Barnes as one of the writers. (Crazy Bout Ya Baby, Dave Barnes? Yes. The very same.) Our table was thisclose to Dave- I was a little star-struck. Can you be star-struck by someone who really isn’t a star?? Seriously though, it was a great show. All 4 writers were enjoyable. After that, we had some time to kill so we hung out at Starbucks on West End, then hit up our fav spot in Music City, and that of course would be Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge.

Jared Ashley was playing so we couldn’t pass up that opportunity. The place got packed, and some other friends from church ended up showing up- some on purpose, others just by chance, and we had a good time dancing and singing along to JA and the Dirty South Band. My one complaint was that there were too many “guest appearances” by other no-name singers. We want Jared and only Jared. All others are just an excuse to take a break and go to the bathroom. Em, Rhonda, and I did make a new friend though- I don’t even know if we ever knew her name- but I refered to her as Clogging Girl all night. This nickname would of course be referring to her admitting to us, and to anyone else in the bar who would listen, that she’s a clogger. (Does the phrase “She’s a clogger” bring to mind a Seinfeld episode for anyone else? All I hear is George saying that phrase, but I can’t quite place it. And of course in the actual episode, the line isn’t she’s a clogger but rather, she’s a something-or-another.... anyone know what I’m talking about? Buehler?)

Back to the topic at hand however. Our little clogger was a fellow 1980 baby, so she Rhonda and I relived having Light Brights, Popples, and Gloworms among other things. And she and I argued over who’s sorority was better. The Shady Pi’s were the first sorority founded, but we (The Easy DZ’s) are the biggest nationally. I know. It’s sad that we actually had that conversation, but really, we were just kidding around. Sort of.

The funny moment of the night came when my friends pulled me up to the front of the crowd where they were. As soon as I got up there and turned around to face the stage, I was, ahem, waist-level with Jared Ashley! He was standing on top of the monitors and I had nowhere to go! We were all squeezed in there like sardines, so I did my best to look up at his face while blushing profusely, and making excuses to turn around and talk to Laurie until our cutie-patootie cowboy moved to the other side of the stage. Our feet killing us by this time, we Penthouse Pets finally turned in the towel soon after.

Sunday I spent some time over at the house, watched #8 Kentucky lose to #2 Kansas, and watched a little tv, and that’s all I have to say about that. A very disappointing afternoon. They’d better get their act in gear is all I have to say. I already suffered through a disappointing Titans season, so I don’t think I can handle a crappy season by Kentucky.

That is all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda- i am also frustrated by the way our fellow UK team played. But........... I am still in football season anyway because MY team, the Eagles, are still playing!! Every titans fan out there, root for my Eagles because Kearse's heart is still in Nashville. You can just tell it is. Also, we need all the help we can get to make it to the Super Bowl!

LauraLee said...

Can you bring me my chapstick? But my lips hurt real bad!! Use the school nurse's, I know she has like 5 sticks in her drawer.

Amanda said...

No Way you sicko!

Anonymous said...

i don't really have a comment on your weekend, i just wanted to say hi. ~ari

Tadd said...

You see, I promised I would check this out again. Thanks for the paragraph on our night of fun, food, and folly. I went ahead and started my own blog. I'll try to get it going. Thanks for the inspiration.