Thursday, January 27, 2005

the GOO

Where can you find the Penthouse Pets tomorrow night? Rockin' out at the Grand Ole Opry with Brad "ain't-nothin-like kids singing" Paisley, Mark "and the crowd goes wild" Wills, and Craig "baby cut that coupon out" Morgan!!! So yeah those are my cheesy nicknames for them that no one else will really get. My fabulous friend Beth was able to get her hands on some tickets for me. (Pets, we are indebted to 95.5 The Wolf now!) I am praying that Amanda's rehearsal will not force her to miss the show. I am SUPER excited and just hope that our seats are okay. It's at the Ryman which is very very cool. I have never been to a concert there before. There are other people playing at the Opry too but I do not care as much about them, no offense. WE HEART B-RAD!

OK kids I have a WWYD? situation. This might just be for the gals but boys can advise. Nothing life changing but slightly exciting and at least a topic of conversation. I met a guy (NOT while at a bar with friends haha!) who seemed very nice and cute, and he asked for my # and I gave it to him. This was over 3 weeks ago so I was all, "OK 'He's just not that into me' and that's fine." Well last night he did call me and left a message apologizing for it being so long, asking if I'd like to get together with him and his friends Friday night, and asked me to call him back. According to our now-famous authors, if he was just that into me he would have called me immediately. I know what I'm going to do (unless I change my mind :) ) but what does the general public of our readers think I should do? Guys....why did this boy wait so long to call? Could he really be that interested? Throw me your thoughts. I've got my catcher's mitt ready.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

that looks like the "goo" ha ha

I've seen Dave & Tim there in 98, and Johnny Mayer (when Chris wore the Shirt) at the Ryman... don't be jealous

Peace out, Napoleon

Trust Tyler said...

The problem with that thing you mentioned from that book "He's just not into you" is simple. Every time a guy calls straight away after getting a number (say within a day), he appears needy and then the girls go off him. It's happened to me *so* many times in the past, it's ridiculous! So, now, I leave it at least three days before I call a girl and I've had far more success with girls.

In my experience, you act like a puppy around girls and they treat you like one. "Awww, isn't he cute. He's so nice, but he's just *too* nice."

Anonymous said...

trust ari: it's up to you. no one, no book, nothing can make up your mind but you rhonda lu. it was a good book, very intuitive and funny, but it isn't gospel. you know that. only you can decide. if you wanna go out with the guy, go for it. you can then decide if you want to stay out or go home or go meet with friends. the most important thing to take from it all is that you are in control. he must be interested in some way or another to still be curious after 3 weeks, and he may have a good reason for not calling or is just a dork. either way, you have to be the judge. sorry 'bout it, but it's your life. enjoy it! ~ari

Amanda said...

ok, I've waited as long as I could before commenting on this. There is a fine line between waiting 3 days to call a girl, and waiting 3 weeks! I think you should tell him you already have plans for Friday (which you do) making you seem fun and in-demand, so that he'll be more likely to call ahead of time again. Tell him you'd love to hang out with him and his friends, but darn it, you already have plans, so maybe could he call you again sometime soon?

ps- rhonda lu- I got your cheesy names, but I'd rather be indebted to 97.9 The Squirrel!

Kobosky262 said...

Hey sister~ Guys!!! Tell him you are busy and can't make it Friday night so, maybe another time. That way if he is really interested he will call you back. If not then no harm done and no loss. Just my thoughts! Have a great weekend!

emilyb said...

I have to agree with Amanda and Michelle on this one. You don't want to be an afterthought. Yeah for GOO night! I can't wait.

Rhonda Lu said...

OK so I called the guy back and we talked for about 10-15 minutes. I did tell him that I was going to the Opry with the roomies tonight. (Elsewhere in the conversation though, I did mention that I like to go out on weekends.) If he'd been doing something super exciting, I would have entertained the idea of meeting up with him after the Opry, but he said all he had planned was to go out to dinner. I suggested that he come to this group function Sat. night and he said he'd call me back about it. I also found out he's not a country fan - so ultimately I could not marry him anyway and am probably just wasting my time LOL

Anonymous said...

just for bradley. i'm such a good friend.

RAAAGER said...

Ok ladies, why do girls think that the guy will call back if you say you already have plans? The girl says "I already have plans for Friday, maybe some other time". The guy hears "get lost loser, I can't even think of an excuse for not going with you, but ANYTHING is better than going out with you" :-)

I do admit 3 weeks was a little long to wait. Iw as going to say he might have waited until he had something cool planned, then I read the last post about only having dinner planned, so that thought was shot down quick.

Group thing? He might feel too intimidated for that, unless he knows someone else that will be there.

Trust Tyler said...

Raager is correct. Women *and* men fall into the trap of thinking that the opposite sex thinks in the same way as each other. We don't. Men and women think things differently. When a woman thinks playing games will make a guy want them, it usually doesn't. It's not that the guy doesn't want the woman, it's just when a woman says "Oh, I'm busy that night, maybe some other time?", then, like Raager said, we think that they just aren't bothered. A better method is, "Oh, I'm busy that night, howabout we do something on [insert some other night here], instead?"