Sunday, January 30, 2005

blogging from home

Yes my friends, the sad day has finally come where I am no longer able to write or check my blog from work. What do they expect me to do all day I ask you? Work?! Rubbish! However, I have been able to use this relaxing weekend with the out-of-town relatives to help me let this horrible news process, and I have calmed down considerably about the whole ordeal. You should have seen me Friday though- I was in an awful state of shock and frustration, let me tell you. Happy hour could not come soon enough! So I apologize in advance for the inconvenience this may cause some of you. I know many of you plan your days around checking my blog for its notoriously faithful updates, and I pledge to you that I will do my best to keep writing and posting from the Penthouse or Chateau Bradley, or heck, any other creative way I can to keep the Divadomain up to the same high quality standard that you have come to know and love. Trust me, no one is more upset with our new change in format than myself.

That said, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Once again, the weathermen were wrong, and all we got was a smattering of rain. There was no ice. There was no snow. Heather- I'm jealous that you and Cubby Hubby got to go sledding with Craig & Jenny. Just one snowfall is all I'm asking for- is that too much? Apparently so. Welcome to Tennessee, where it's 50 degrees one day, and 30 the next.

The Grand Ole Opry on Friday night was great. I felt like a tourist in my home town, but was glad that I finally experienced this long-standing tradition. All you UT grads, don't be jealous, but the highlight of my evening was seeing the Osborne Brothers perform Rocky Top live. Another plus was getting to unexpectedly see Josh Turner perform ("Denim on Denim never looked so good") and the three of us singing along with Restless Heart- a total throwback to middle school ("They sound like a country Journey"). It was however, most disapointing that Brad Paisley only did 2 songs. What the heck Brad- where's the love?

I shopped till I dropped this weekend, doing some major damage at my all-time favorite store, Target'. I treated myself to a pink t-shirt with the pink panther on it that says, "I (heart) pink," most appropriately. Laura got a red t-shirt with cookie monster on it that says "Me want cookies." This is fitting for her since Lulu's first word when she was a baby was "cookie." I also splurged and bought season 5 of Friends ("now that right there is the gift that keeps on giving"). Sunday after church we hit up Shopryland for a mega shopping trip- we're talking several hours here people- but it was fun because we got to try out that new Aquarium restaraunt. I will say this- you are definitely paying for the atmosphere if you go. The food is way expensive, but the fish are fun to look at. They even have one aquarium that has a "Nemo" a "Dori" and a "Gill," so that was fun since we just watched Finding Nemo last night, and my cousin Braedon knows all about the different kind of fish. When dad ordered this afternoon he asked our server for the "fried clownfish" and bless her heart, but she was a little on the slow side, and didn't get that it was a joke. (You know, Clownfish, Nemo? ha ha) I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and thought that maybe we just caught her off guard, but sadly no, because later on in the meal when my aunt joked with her asking if she provided babysitting service while we ate, she was totally lost again. Oh well. We tried.

Not much else to report here in my neck of the Brentwoods. The Cats barely squeaked by with a win yesterday, but a win's a win, and they're still the only undefeated team in the SEC, so I'll take that. Have a most pleasant evening, and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, it sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend. i, too, did some shopping this weekend. i found some fabulous boots (orig. $125, but paid only $11). i'm just so good. i ended up buying a sart (shirt for you "sammy impaired") but, alas, it was for someone else. fyi, we're all very sorry about your blogging difficulties. we'll try to leave interesting comments as often as possible. nuzzle. ~ari

Anonymous said...

Nuzzle? Wow....

Anonymous said...

This sad news of your quasi-termination of daily bolgging opportunities Amanda has really torn me up. I am here to offer my services to you in your time of need... Seeing how I am currently unemployed and it continues to look that way in the future, and I have unlimited access to a computer and unrestricted internet usage... it seems to me to be a great idea that I can be of help! Simply email me what you would like to blog and I can post it for you!!(having the freedom and right to add any information I deem necessary to add of course... and did I mention the small fee of $10 a day?) Hey, I am unemployed, I jump on an opportunity as it arises!! Ha! I kid you!! As your bored and unemployed, longest-ever best friend... I am here to save the day... whatta ya say??
Oh and by the way... we did get like 2 inches of snow, but ice and sleet fell on top of that, ruined our sledding! We had even scoped out this great big hill on this golf course and everything... ruined I tell you, just ruined.

Anonymous said...

you know... this whole anonymous thing sucks...the above post was posted by Heather :)

Anonymous said...

Request any further references to "Heather" be deemd "HeBeeDee" as her new nickname... three syllables, but flows like one... And I didn't realize they just let anyone on these blogs... !!! Crazy... someone guard the door... HeBeeDee, how about you?

Amanda said...

Eric, why don't you just sign your name? We know who you are!

Anonymous said...

:) *ducks and runs away... *