Wednesday, February 09, 2005

So I know this is of little interest to many of you, but I am still reeling from that win last night over Florida. While I was trapped in rehearsal Hades last night, my Cats decided they weren't going to play any defense. However, following the usual Kentucky suit, they made a huge comeback in the second half. Is it a coincidence that as soon as I started listening to the game in the car on my way home Kentucky started turning the game around? (Hey- that's Ja-wincidence with a C) So here we have a visual example of how much Kentucky students loathe Matt Walsh. I can't stand the kid either (from a purely athletic standpoint) so I found this picture in the KY Kernel HA.larious. Next we have former UK player and current Detroit Pistons star Tayshaun Prince. At every home game during one of the timeouts, the cheerleaders come out onto the floor and spell out Kentucky with the letter signs, and they always have a former player or UK celeb come out at the end and be the "Y." Wish I could have seen Tayshaun in person again, but I guess I'll have to settle for the top 10 highlights in the morning... which speaking of, I have a bone to pick with espn. There was no Kentucky play selected for the day's top 10, and if I am not mistaken, Illinois had 2. The Big 10 is terrible! Of course they are going to make big plays against crappy teams! Why aren't we getting any love from the sportscenter folks? (Can I get an Amen?) If I were Rondo, I would be a little peeved. As you can see from the picture where he is flying over Florida players left and right and scoring on them (notice the infamous Matt Walsh is one of them), this freshman star made several impressive plays last night. And finally, I just had to throw in a shot of fav, Kelenna Azubuike, who also happened to be our leading scorer last night. We are still undefeated in the SEC. This concludes our Wildcat montage for the day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

amanda- kevin here. i loved the post and i agree that UK is not getting enough respect. I don't see any reason why we will not be in St Louis for the Final Four. It will happen. just watch

Anonymous said...

amen sister! you preach the gospel and tell no lies! ten bucks says that a certain hated commentator had something to do with the big 10 this morning (boo and hiss to billy packer). the cats looked great this second half and just proved that they wanted it and deserved it more than unranked florida. it's funny, billy donovan can find some of the best players in the country, he just won't coach them to the best of their abilities. too bad for them and great for us. and, quick question for you, did you post that pic of buike and his arms just for me? i knew you did. ~ari

Jenni said...

Hey dude, lay off the Big Ten! I mean, they weren't trying to say the Big Ten is better than everyone else, just Illinois. They are the only undefeated team left. It would be the same if Kentucky was the only undefeated team. As soon as Illinois loses, the commentators will simmer down.

Tadd said...

Nice work with the pictures. I'm going to call you right now to see how you did that.

ellen said...

The Cats did great in the second half last night. I think we're on the way to St. Louis...I saw on tubby's show that Bradley likes to sing, so obviously you're meant to be together!

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that the sec is just as weak as the big ten, now you know why uk is undefeated in the sec!!!!!!! that's why you get no love from espn. ACC is the real conference. thank you.

Amanda said...

Ellen, since it never worked out between me an Antonio Hall, I gues it's only fit that I should move on to the singing Ramel Bradley!

Greg- the ACC is overrated in every sport. The sooner you admit that the SEC is the toughest conference out there, the sooner we can be friends again. Remember, I have evidence of you in a Kentucky shirt and I'm not afraid to use it!! (everyone see the Jan 15th archive for this)

Ari- Buike is also mine. Deal with it.