Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Better Late Than Never

You don’t have to say anything. I know there was no word from me yesterday. I did try to get online last night and blog, but of course, after I had written the whole thing the computer froze up and I lost everything I had written (always type your blog first and save it!). It was slightly depressing. But rather stay up and re-write the thing, I have employed my roommates and fellow Divadomain authors to assist in getting this thing posted for you. Now it’s sort of moot to write about yesterday because this morning has been a crazy one here at work- almost like it’s Groundhog Day or something. I hate that movie by the way. Almost as much as I hate What About Bob; not that I have anything against Bill Murray, it’s just that he’s so good at playing obnoxious characters. It’s the mark of a good actor for sure, that he can get such a violent reaction out of a person for disliking them in a role. Kind of like Kevin Bacon in the movie Sleepers, or Kevin Spacey in Seven. (What is it with the Kevins, anyways?)

I know you’re all in suspense though about what happened with me and the Warden yesterday. Sorry to disappoint, but I ended up not having to throw down. At least not yet. I woke up in a good mood yesterday morning and nothing was going to ruin my day. For one, it was Tuesday, and we all know what that means: It’s not Monday. I have come to dread Mondays at the Bone & Joint Clinic because they’re always stressful, busy, and such a letdown after coming off the weekend. (Looks like someone’s got a case of the Mondays Every Monday!)

The other reason I was in a great mood, besides getting a few unexpected emails, was because I had on my hot pink tights. I looked downright sassy I tell you! I offset the pink tights with a black turtleneck, black skirt, and heels, and just walked out of the apartment in the best mood yesterday morning! Somehow even my hair and makeup looked good. I called the ensemble my ‘Happy February’ outfit, being that it was the first day of the gloomiest month of the year (in my opinion). I am a big believer in wearing your favorite color to alter your mood. For me, it’s not a question of whether or not to wear pink when I step to the closet in the morning, but rather, what shade of pink do I want to don? On more subdued mornings I will choose a pale shade of pink, while on the mornings that I wake up and just have a ton of energy I opt for the hot pink, or DIVA-pink hue as James named it. If you haven’t discovered your own “power color” I would encourage you to do so. It can make a world of difference in your day-to-day attitude. Just ask Mama B about her red tennies that she always gets compliments on, or take my word from all the positive feedback I got on the pink tights yesterday. Your good mood will rub off on others and cause a revolutionary spread of happiness to those around you. Go on. Wear your favorite color and spread the love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the world needs more Kevins in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

"oh! kevin! you scared me." (thank you strongbad) anyway, as a fellow diva, i wanted to concur with bradley's statement about a power color. however, you can add your own flavor by wearing "power pants" or a "power shirt" (maybe it shows lots of cleavage or something) but whatever it is that makes you feel (for lack of a better word) sassy. it's great fun and now i've already planned my outfit for tomorrow. ~ari

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.

Power = Cleavage. Cleavage = Power.

God Bless America.

Those poor men out there, no idea what wretched hive of scum and villainy they are walking into...

emilyb said...

My red patent leather pumps put me in a good mood any day!

Kobosky262 said...

In my old world it was all about black and navy...and how loud your heals were. You go ladies! Black is power...however, I know it is not a color...more or less a value. But hey...who is counting? I still love it.