Saturday, November 20, 2010

Too busy to blog

I've tried really hard to stick with my goal of posting every day during the NaBloPoMo November challenge, but sometimes living life makes things too busy to blog about it!

There simply was no time to blog yesterday.  I came home from work and played with Bradley for 30 minutes before dashing out the door again to meet Rhonda. We had a fun girls' night planned, and everything about the evening had our early twenties written all over it!  We met at the Brentwood Waffle House, which is where we girls used to always meet up and carpool to whichever downtown destination we were headed.  Last night a local Nashville singer/songwriter Andy Davis was doing a show of only his old songs at the Curb Cafe on Belmont's campus.  This was perfect for Rhonda and me, since we really only like his old stuff anyways!

I observed the mostly collegiate crowd and reminisced on all the concerts and shows I used to go to in my younger days, but then would look at the time on my phone and was brought back to the present by wondering what Bradley was up to, and judging by the time, wonder if he was in bed yet.

The set list was just what we wanted to hear, and the commentary from Andy about the songs and how they came to be made me appreciate them even more.  Oh- did I mention the show was free??  That made it all the more appealing of an event!  The time before and after the concert was perfect for me and Rhonda Lu to catch up on life, and we went and grabbed sushi at a place called Zumi in Hillsboro Village after Rhonda tweeted to find out where a good sushi place nearby was, and her friends responded.  Isn't technology amazing?

Zumi did not disappoint.  Since I don't eat fish or any seafood, I am always on the lookout for sushi places with chicken options, and the spicy chic" roll that I tried was flavorful and had a nice little kick to it that I was washing down with iced tea long after I'd finished the roll.  Rhonda got one called the Firecracker that had shrimp and crab meat, which I obviously was not tasting, but it looked pretty, and Rhonda said was very good.  We laughed about the random chair, and the bottle of Oil of Olay in the women's bathroom, finished our sushi and iced tea, shivering all the while, and called it a night around 10 o'clock; she, back to her hubby Joe, and me, back to my Kentucky Wildcats.

I got home just in time for the second half of Kentucky's ball game, but after getting ready for bed and snuggling up on the couch to watch the game, there was no time left for blogging, reading Corinthians, or Harry Potter, so I've had a lot of catching up to do today!  I didn't even make it to the end of the basketball game.  I was falling asleep with 6 minutes to go, so I trudged upstairs and called it a night.

No comments: