Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eye Roller Review

So I caved and bought the Garnier eye roller ball thingie, otherwise known by its official name, Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller, a week and a half ago.  It claims to instantly tighten and brighten the under eye area, and also promises to lighten dark circles over time.  I said I would give a product review, so here it goes.  

I apply my moisturizer in the morning, and then roll the pen under each eye back and forth.  The pen deposits a light liquid concealer.  I pat it in gently, and then apply makeup over top.

The first time I applied the roller ball, I felt a pleasant tingling sensation a few minutes after the concealer had set.  One of the ingredients in the pen is caffeine, which helps constrict the blood vessels around the eye area, firming up the skin.  Disappointingly, I haven't felt the tingly sensation since that first morning.  Also, I haven't been able to tell a difference daily or over time yet that my eyes look any different.  

Oh well.  It was worth a try, and I'll continue to use it until it's gone.  Who knows, maybe after an extended period of time I'll notice a bigger difference.

No comments: