Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a Trying Tuesday

I am so thankful tomorrow is the last day of my work week.  One of my bosses is out this week, so I assumed incorrectly that I'd have a refreshingly light workload.  On the contrary, they are sending more work from home than I can handle and its worse than normal.  I am downhearted after having gotten myself geared up for an easy couple of days.

If I can be frank, besides being a hormonal woman right now, the upcoming holidays have also made me sad.  This was supposed to have been our year to be at home in Florida for Thanksgiving.  I would have been responsible for cooking everything, and would have stressed out over it, but I would have been proud to do so.  I would have opened up my home to anyone who didn't have a place to go, the way we did for Christmas last year.  This year's a little different.

Pulling out Christmas decorations this weekend, most of mine stay in boxes because my current home is not my own, and I have nowhere to put my things.  It's starting to wear on me.  I have this beautiful tree skirt that's red and pink, that I bought from Pier One years ago, and one day, I will have a home of my own, and a tree of my own, to decorate beautifully.  Till then, I will look for silver linings wherever I can find them.

Sorry, I'm no ray of sunshine today, but tomorrow's silver lining is that it's the last day of the work week, AND I get to wear jeans to work, and that's something to be thankful for. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm channeling mind hugs your way Amanda. I've worn those broken down holiday shoes before and know how melancholy it feels. The bad news is that you have to go through it and feel the sadness and the changes, but the good news is that it will never feel this way again.

On a brighter note, the good news is that because of your particular situation, you get an abundance of reliving your childhood memories and traditions with your parents! The Thanksgiving and Christmas that I lived with my parents after Neil and I separated, was incredibly special. I hope you and Bradley (and your whole family) have a great Thanksgiving!