Friday, December 10, 2004

This day in history

A little history lesson for the day- my AP US History teacher in High School used to begin class every day with a "Today in History" brief- Jenni, if you're out there- "I've got Bacon Hands!!"

So on this day, December 10th

1830: Literary-acclaimed poet Emily Dickinson was born in Amherst, MA

1869: Wyoming becomes the first state to adopt women's suffrage

1898: In France, the Treaty of Paris is signed, ending the Spanish-American War and granting the United States its first overseas empire.

1948: The United Nations adopts the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, marking the birth of the modern human rights movement.

1980: our beloved Penthouse Pet Rhonda Maureen Walsh entered the world

RhondapaLUza has officially begun, complete with the newly-traditional chocolate chip birthday pancakes at 6am (Say NO to Pilates!). The fun will continue well on into the evening with dinner at the trendy
Acorn restaurant and outing to follow. Join me in wishing our Birthday girl a happy day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA LU!! I hope you have a rockin' day! This is Heather B by the way for all those who are wondering who the anonymous person is... I am new the blogger world, therefore I have no blogger username... ok, now that introductions are over with-
I have two comments:
!) Not sure what the mention is all about to Pilates... but has anyone tried it?? I mean hello... I am hooked! I love it... you think they would let me be apart of the infomericial with Daisy Fuentes??
2) Amanda, did you know on this day in history... 10 years ago that it was homecoming day??? It was my debut on the stage... everyone all at once please... " Awwwwwwwwwwwww........" Thank you to all those who made that moment one of the most embarrassing times of my middle school years... Also, Amanda... did you know that same night at the homecoming dance, that Zach Harris and I almost broke up in the boys bathroom... funny the random things that you remember huh???

Amanda said...

Weez is referring to MLK homecoming in 7th grade where she was taller than the guy she was paired with- and Heather was prob only 5'2" at the time. As the shortest of the 7th grade attendents though, she had to be presented with teeny-tiny Matt Delicata, and the whole school voiced their spontaneous reaction to the cute couple! All together now: Awwwwwwww

MamaB said...

Happy birthday Rhonda Lu---hope you have a rockin time this weekend and chocolate chip pancakes beats pilates any time of the day (I would imagine)!!mamaB