Monday, December 20, 2004

DIVA Knoxvegas

Hey, Hey, hey- we're live and comin back 'atcha from good ole Nashville, TN (well, technically Franklin since I'm at work). I am back from what I fondly call, Wedding World, otherwise known as 5 days in Knoxville consumed with Heather and Jacob's wedding. The happy Bride and Groom are currently in Lake Tahoe enjoying their honeymoon. It was a beautiful wedding, and I had a great time getting to hang out with Heather nonstop for a few days. Of course, there is never an event without some kind of funny stories to accompany it whenever I am involved.

First you have "Big Eric" Rodgers (one of the Urshers), who became the King of Bunting and Tulle at our big decorating party Friday morning for the reception. I guess because he is tall he got to help Leah (one of the "helper girls") hang swooping tulle over the windows, but I secretly think he enjoyed working with the netted fabric. When it was all said and done, Leah gave him an extra piece of tulle and he proceeded to tie it around his head, announcing to everyone that he was Tu-Pac. (Side note: Heather knows the exact date our Machiavellian rapper was shot. You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl.) So being the punny person that I am, I said to Eric, no, you're Tulle-Pac! He enjoyed his new title thoroughly. :o)

The bit of drama that followed me to K-town was involving the music in the ceremony. We get to the rehearsal Friday night and this is going to be the first time any of the 3 Bridesmaids/singers get to practice with the pianist. So the pianist finally gets there and I walk up to introduce myself, and she says to me, do you have the sheet music for your song? No, I say, trailing off, as the reality hits me that she doesn't have it either and the wedding is tomorrow. Long story short is that there are irresponsible people in the world, there was a mix-up about who was supposed to get music to whom, and that I didn't get to rehearse my song with Janna until less than an hour before the ceremony on Saturday! As a self-proclaimed control-freak, and a perfectionist to boot, I was a teensy bit stressed about singing. Add onto that that music is something that is very important to me, and you can imagine how much I was freaking out over the whole ordeal. As it turns out, Janna had music for one of the three songs she was supposed to play for us the day before the wedding, but you know what? Everything turned out ok. Kentucky even beat Louisville without me watching the game on Saturday. I did my best to forget about it until my reporter came to the room where we were getting ready to give me the winning game details and made me a very happy girl. :o)

I know there are many more humorous stories that I could regale you with, but I am still lacking in the sleep department and have a ton of work to catch up on this week before more days off for the holiday (yea!). Besides, yall are just glad to have me back, right? I could write about what I had for dinner last night (meatballs, potatoes, salad, and vegetable pizza at our small group Christmas dinner) and you would still read it and comment on it. Or maybe not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is an "ursher?" ~ari

Amanda said...

URsher is taken from the Usher song "Yeah!" It's how Ludacris says Usher's name :) Like I said, you can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl.

MamaB said...

What is it about you and your performances at weddings!!Even though the organist/pianist wasn't prepared, you still managed to pull off beautiful music at jenny's wedding this summer and heathers this past weekend--you just get too nervous girl!!!!