Monday, December 20, 2004

My Best Friend's Wedding

Man, I am exhausted. Do you ever feel like you need a vacation from your vacation? Well that's how I feel today. I got back yesterday from a whirlwind 5-day wedding extravuganza. It began and ended in drama, but the middle was fantabulous. On Tuesday night as I was packing, I called Elisa (the bride) to check on her. I told her I was packing and made the comment, "I can't forget anything but the dress...I must remember the dress! Anything else can be bought in Waco." Well, after Wednesday morning's incident, I have come to find out that you can forget anything but the dress AND your wallet...they simply won't let you on the plane without your license. SO, then began the mad dash back towards the apartment to meet Rhonda with my wallet. (Rhonda, you're my hero!) You see, I had taken a different purse to a Christmas party the night before and forgot to switch my wallet back. But luckily I made it back to the airport just in time to cut everyone in the security line, run to the gate, and walk on the plane with 5 minutes to spare. Whew!

The next morning, Elisa calls Mike, her hubby-to-be, and naturally asked if he's on the way back from his Bachelor party in San Antonio. His reply..."well, um...I'm actually in the emergency room with Ryan, a groomsman. Evidently Ryan woke up with terrible stomach pains and had to be taken to the hospital. It turned out to be gastritis and after a good ol' laxative, all was well. He he!

For the next couple days, all went smoothly. Elisa and I ran errands, packed for her honeymoon, decorated the church, etc. It was such a special time to get to spend with her. Saturday came, and the wedding went off without a hitch...and she looked absolutely beautiful. I just kept thinking, "Are we old enough for this yet?" Sometimes I don't feel old enough to drive a car, much less get married and live with a boy!

When I got back to her apartment, what do I find? One of her suitcases (the one with all the lingerie!!) sitting on her bedroom floor. So she and Mike turned around and came back to get it. That was a close one. It was really nice to get to say bye one more time, though. I thought all the luggage stuff was worked out, but the next morning I went to leave and realized I had left one of my suitcases in Natalie's trunk (Natalie is the one who had to leave early to drive back to Arlington). So my clothes are now being shipped to me. But don't worry, I had my license, which was all that mattered!

Now it's back to the grind...but there's one thing keeping me going...the fact that my next 3 weeks of work are 4-day weeks. Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

ha ha if you're calling him "a boy" then you probably aren't ready to live with him! Bring on the MEN! :o)
(these are all references to hypothetical males however. I guess it's just one more sign telling us we aren't ready to live with anyone, seeing as how there isn't an "anyone" in the picture for either one of us, Em!)

Amanda said...

ps- welcome back to the blogging world, E!

emilyb said...

It's good to be back. And as much as we hate to admit it, they're always "boys"...no matter how old!