Monday, August 23, 2004

Rainy days and Mondays...

Yes, you guessed it. They always get me down. The alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. I hit snooze until 6:26. So much for getting to work early. Now when I left the house this a.m. the sun was shining. I was in a fine mood- wearing pink (of course) and even had on my matching pink j-lo shades. But hark! What was this? A little rain cloud decided to follow me from my house all the way to work. None of my friends got rained on during their morning commute. I must just be *that* lucky. But my little friend the rain cloud decided to turn into a full-on Monsoon, and I got completely soaked walking up to the B&J. Yes, I had an umbrella. Yes it is also pink. But there were unavoidable rivers of water that I had to cross on the trek up to the back door. My pants were soaked from the knees down, and my black slingbacks were little swimming pools for my feet. I am not kidding you. Once inside, I took turns dumping water out of each shoe and placing the squishy monstrosity back on my foot. What a way to start out a Monday, and this all happened before 8 am! To add to the joy of the day, I get to go buy new tires for Baby Boy Thomas this afternoon. Apparently I've been driving around with a few nails in my back right tire. What the??? Yes folks, it looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays. And yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine. Or wine would be nice right about now. Hmm...

2 comments:

alemari said...

so you were all wet...

go on

Rhonda Lu said...

HAHAHAHA!