Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Planned spontaneity

So my dear friend Jill calls me last night and asks me if I want to go get coffee. No, I say, I do not want to get coffee, as it is my free night and I have a list of things I need to get done (literally- I make lists on paper. Otherwise I'd never accomplish anything.) I don't do well with spontaneity I tell her- now if we were to plan ahead for tomorrow night to get coffee, now That I can do. I have been accused by more than one person about not being spontaneous enough, but you know what? I don't care! Planned spontaneity is what I'm all about, I tell Jill. For example- we are spontaneously planning to get coffee tonight at 8 after my meeting. As far as I'm concerned, planning this only one day in advance is about all the spontaneous-ness (take THAT George W!) that I can handle. So you're a control freak huh, she says. Yes. Yes I am. Which leads me to my new favorite joke. Here is our interactive blogging for the day:
Me: Knock knock
you: who's there?
Me: Control freak! Ok, nowyousaycontrolfreakwho!


But is wanting to make the best use of your time such a bad thing, really? I pose this question to the dark void in hopes that it will answer me. So good night, dear void. (Rhonda Lu, that YGM quote was for you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am STILL laughing at you, my favorite little oxymoron! *hugs* jill