Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Olympics commentary

Alright- you had to know it was coming... they happen every 4 years and you know I'm hooked: the latest Star Wars movies- no, of course I am kidding- we are talking about the election. Also though, for 2 weeks the world's most reknown athletes compete for billion dollar endorsements, and a paid vacation to wherever the Olympic Games are held. Oh yes, and to win medals and recognition for their countries- we can't forget that. So last night the 3 Amigas had an impromptu Olympics viewing party at my house- planned earlier that day, but that's about as impromptu as I get- see Planned Spontaneity for further explanation on this subject. We had a blast laughing at all the funny (read: non anglo-saxon) names such as swimmer Peter van den Hoogenband (God bless you) and Qui Hi (tee hee). We also came upon the universal truth that all swimmers are Hott- and yes, that's hot with 2 ts because they are just that nice to look at. I know I said I was through dating younger guys, but for one 19 year old in particular, I would make an exception. If you don't know who I'm talking about, then where have YOU been?? (This kid is also one of the ones focused more on endorsements than winning medals, but who can blame him? You gotta strike while the iron is hott).
Anywho- my viewing compatriots think this certain cutie patootie wears his swim pants a little too low- they claim it leaves too little to the imagination- well to that I say, I must have a bigger imagination than you two, because I can imagine plenty! Plus it shows off that nice little Brad-Pitt-V-muscle on either side of his lithe figure. Sorry. What was the point of this? Oh yes- gymnastics was The event to watch last night as our American boys won a silver team medal. How fun is it that we have 2 twins on the team? Americans just love a good story like that- the Hamm twins compete last on the apparatus and save the day- by the way- we were discussing this last night- what is the plural of apparatus? Apparati? I will close by saying that while Morgan and Paul are adorable to look at, and I marvel at their strength, they should not open their mouths to give interviews because they both sound like girls- almost to the degree of a male version of Kerry Strug. Yeah. It's that bad.

7 comments:

Rhonda Lu said...

What about Blaine Wilson? My honey bear did good.

alemari said...

that hansel, so hot right now

Ryan Mac said...

About this post I will quote Nancy Kerrigan "why me?"

Amanda said...

It's official. It's a walk-off

Anonymous said...

2 things from your fellow diva, who is this louise person (b/c i'm nosey and have to know) and also,it is apparati. trust your grammar queen. nuzzle. princess.

Anonymous said...

indeed they do sound like munchkins. i almost fell off the couch laughing when Paul Hamm was interviewing last night!
~jill

Spencer Emerald said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.