Monday, August 09, 2004

Weekend update

Why is it that I continually cram so much into my weekends that I am more tired on Monday mornings rather than being rested from my 2 days off? Because we live for weekends, not the week, so I suppose it makes sense that we cram more of "life" into those 2 short days. Anyways- as you can tell, this one was a busy one. Friday afternoon began with a fun shopping trip with the future roommies to Hillsboro Village where I purchased the Kate Spade book "Style"- an apartment essential for any DIVA- I'll let you know how it is once I flip through it more. Then we hit Metropolitan Deluxe over in Green Hills where Rhonda and I co-purchased more apartment necessities- fun coasters. Yes, that's right. I said coasters. I'm not going to spoil it and tell you what's on them though. You'll have to wait. (It makes you want to come visit the 3 Amigas and have a beverage so you can become coaster-enlightened doesn't it?) A little Moulin Rouge viewing rounded out the evening. Now Saturday night is the fun evening out on the town. I won't bore you with the details of my Saturday except to say that of course I made an appearance at the Bradley Beach & Resort (also known as my backyard) since it was sunny. Another girls night out in Nashvegas helped us celebrate Emmy Sue's birthday. Rhonda, Lana, Emmy Sue, Karla & Lauren (Em's friends) and myself went to the oh-so trendy Nashville hot spot, Chu. We gals felt like we had just stepped into an episode of Sex & the City, only with a southern twist ("Ohmygosh, YALL, look at those lights!") . The place was amazing, minus our waitress who got up on the wrong side of the tiki bar that evening. I proceeded to write her a little encouraging note with my bill at the end of the night explaining to her her that being rude to your patrons does not ensure you a good tip share. I've worked in a restaurant, so I felt justified in giving her some advice. If you do go to Chu, beware of the wall of beads. One way leads to the bathroom, the other leads you smack into a wall, or in Grant's case, another takes you to the kitchen. We took the party with us and headed over to the new place on Demunbreun, On The Rocks, where Emmy Sue got us the VIP treatment and got us in without a wait- she knew the bouncer. Honestly, I could have done without that stop for the night. It was more fun the weekend before- that night it was just too crowded. So we decided to get our groove on and head to Johnny Jackson's Soul Satisfaction. I mean, come on, where else can you dance to Usher, MJ, and sing along to Young MC and the Beastie Boys with a guy you just met? This is classic stuff people. We all got a good workout shakin it like a polaroid picture, and it was nice to have cutie-patootie Grant along to rescue us from the men who just could not resist our dance moves! All in all it was a great but late evening- especially for someone who had to be up 3 hours later, but totally worth it. Now it's Monday and we're already planning our next 2 day hiatus from work. 4 days and counting...

2 comments:

Ryan Mac said...

At least you didn't spend Saturday as a crutch for a drunky! www.ryanmccauley.blogspot.com for the Chains Vs. Alcohol

alemari said...

word of the day, hiatus