Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Why squirrels make good pets

Grr. Another slow day at work. And I have all of these witty, insightful things to share with you but I need the capability to put pictures with these thoughts. My conscious tells me that it would be not such a good idea to download the necessary program to do this here on my work computer. So alas, you will have to wait till the end of the day when I can get home before you can share in my thoughts for the day- there's this one pic I found of a squirrel today laying on a fence that is just Funny... But you'll have to take my word on it for now. You know, people say squirrels are mean, but I still think they would make great pets if we could just domesticate them the way we have with dogs and cats. I mean, who decided that a 60-plus pound animal with huge teeth that sheds constantly and has a loud obnoxious bark would be fun to have indoors? (Well that would be Laura and I when we convinced our parents that Stockwell was a cute puppy. But I digress.) Seriously, squirrels are tiny in comparison and would be great with kids if you just de-clawed them and taught them not to bite and burrow in hard to find places. More to come later on the plight of the squirrel. Stay on the edges of your computer chairs like I know you are.

No comments: