Monday, November 07, 2011

Obligatory post: Bridesmaids review

If you don't have something nice or substantial to say, then don't participate in NaBloPoMo.  This is purely a blog post out of obligation.  I'm on Day 7 of the NaBloPoMo project.  So this is just a quick re-cap of a movie I just watched, Bridesmaids.  Short, not so sweet, and to the point:

Man, am I ever glad I didn't waste money and see that in the theater!  Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but I thought this film would be like the Hangover, but from the female bridal party perspective, but this was nothing of the sort.  The previews even lead you to believe that they even have Vegas in common, and, well, they don't.  I am not a fan of the female leads, Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig, and overall this is a sappy chick flick, masquerading as a comedy, thrown in with a few funny, and mostly mildly-amusing moments.  I will say this:  vomit is funny.  It is also intriguing that Jon Hamm played such a schmuck and then didn't want to be credited in the film for playing this part, and annoying that even the expectations of the all-important wedding dress and (HELLO,) Bridesmaids dresses, are exploited, as they differ from what's on the movie poster.  All in all, a bust.  People will not be talking about this one like the Hangover.

Also out of obligation tonight, once I started this movie, I had to finish it.  There are a few other comedies out on dvd right now that I've waited to see, so fingers crossed that they are better.

No comments: