Friday, November 11, 2011

My own Penned Statement

Jerry Sandusky's autobiography is aptly named... wait for it... Touched.

I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

On a more serious note, I haven't read the grand jury indictment, and I don't think I'm going to, given the purported graphic nature of it, so could someone please explain to me why the former grad assistant (and eye witness to key events) is still allowed to be on the coaching staff for Penn State?  Otherwise, it seems like the school has done a good job and wiped out all the head honchos who were part of this ghastly cover-up. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was wondering the same thing but then read this article: http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/11/11/why-coach-paterno-not-the-witness-is-to-blame-for-not-reporting-child-rape-to-police

Amanda Bradley said...

Sarah, I read this article you linked, and I had read some about the WhistleBlower statute, but my gosh, isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on when this guy is held accountable too? Sure, he reported it to Paterno, and then he moved right on up the career ladder and is now an assistant coach at Penn State. Sure, he may be on admin. leave right now (or in protective custody, which has also been suggested) but at some point, when years later, you go about your cushy coaching job and ignore the heinous crime you witnessed, and pretend it never happened?

Mike McQueary should absolutely be held to the same standard as Paterno, & the president of the University.

He may have been a small fish in a big pond years ago when this went down but now he's just as culpable as any other person who knew about this and did nothing.