Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Heavy Hearted

The old heart is heavy tonight, my friends.  Tomorrow I'm taking Bradley to spend Thanksgiving with his dad.  It will be the first holiday that I'm away from B, and the first time I'll know the feeling of my empty house without him here in it with me.  I keep starting and stopping so many other sentences in my head, so instead I think I'll just leave it at that.  If you think of us tomorrow, please pray for us.  Pray that Bradley has a good weekend, pray for safe travel for all of us each way, and pray that I would rest in the peace that it is God who ultimately protects my child, and not me as a parent, and that He has our lives in His hands.

Such are the realities of divorced families, and living with the consequences of our choices.   

No comments: