Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Choir Concert this Thursday Night

For all you local readers, Brentwood Baptist Church is hosting a free concert this Thursday night, November 10, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.  This concert is a benefit to support Men of Valor, a local ministry which is geared toward helping prisoners and their families.  The concert is free but with a $5 suggested donation.  Our choir is singing, as well as the Mt. Zion Baptist Church choir, and is being touted as an effort to support this local ministry by bringing together the largest white church in the Nashville area with the largest black church in the Nashville area.
 
If you like great choir music, this will be an event you don't want to miss.  I know what you're thinking.  We're all so busy.  Heck, if I weren't singing in it, I probably wouldn't be going either since I have my own laundry list of excuses about why I couldn't go, but I would be remiss if I didn't tell you a little bit about Men of Valor:
 

·        MOV ministry teaches men how to make real changes so they can begin new lives once they are released.

·        Nationally, 67% of men released from prison will return.

·        For the men who complete MOV’s 120-day Aftercare/Re-entry program, the recidivism rate is 12%.

  • Men of Valor’s Family Outreach program supports the families of prisoners.
  • The number one indicator of a person entering prison is having a father in prison.
  • These children have a 70% greater probability of going to prison than their peers.
Please come if you can!

 

 

 

No comments: