Monday, November 21, 2011

Mr. Independent

Bradley is way more independent these days, able to go potty by himself (with the exception of a little help in the TP department, post-BM), able to get in and out of his booster seat at the table, squirts his own Little Noses in his nose when he's stuffy, takes his plate and cup to the sink when he's done eating, puts his dirty clothes in the hamper at night, and can get himself dressed and undressed.  The shirts on and off still trip him up from time to time, but overall, this is a fun age.  He is so proud of all the things he is able to do all by himself.  It's become a game for us.  He will tell me that he can't do something, and when I offer to help, he hurries and performs the task, smiling proudly, as if to show me, "see, I don't really need any help, I was just fooling you!"  It's adorable.
 
I am constantly scurrying around last minute, always running 5 or 10 minutes late and gathering our items to leave the house at the 11th hour.  Bradley being able to go potty while I'm finding his shoes is a big help.  Sometimes though, I can get frustrated that I'm running late, and will do things for him to save time.  I'll put his shoes on for him, for example, because I can do it so much faster than he can.  This is something I am trying to work on, though.  It's more important that he is able to (and allowed to) do things for himself than it is for me to be out the door a nanosecond sooner. 
 

No comments: