Saturday, November 05, 2011

The end of the Honeybadger Era

At the start of soccer season, it seemed like a chore getting up and to the soccer field every Saturday morning.  I was a little bummed I'd have to miss going to Zumba for a few months, too.  But after this morning's last game, as I was saying bye to all the parents and kids I've gotten to know, it will seem weird not having this Saturday morning ritual to attend anymore.

Bradley definitely progressed as the season went on, and I know our playing "keep away" running down the hall with his plush indoor socer ball had something to do with that.  Don't misunderstand me, he never did score a goal, and his favorite part of the game is the snack at the end, but that's okay with this mama.

Team Honeybadgers
The self-imposed Goalie
warming up, kicking a goal

Stretching before the game

Coach Lindsey getting B ready for the kick-off

Throwing it in

Goalie!

Action shot
Check out my freckles

The tunnel at the end of each game

Snack time



No comments: