Tuesday, August 09, 2005

a day late...and a late morning

5:45 am - the time I set my alarm for in the morning.
7:30 am- the time I leave the Penthouse to go to work.
7:37 am- the time Rhonda Lu woke me up this morning.

eek and Egads. Apparently my alarm shuts off after snoozing for an hour, and when that hour came and went this morning and I was still asleep. It's an awful feeling waking up more rested than usual but full of dread knowing you're going to be super-late to work. Good to know about that alarm thing though. My name is Amanda, and I'm addicted to snoozing. Yes, that's right- I've admitted my addiction and said it out loud. I'm a snoozer. So sue me.

Anywho- everybody and their dog is ordering Christmas music right now, so it's our busy season at work. I know many of you are disapointed when Monday hits and there's no weekend update blog, so here we go, a day late and a dollar short.

My weekend got started on Friday afternoon with a happy hour at Cozy Mel's with all the girls from work. It's so much fun to hang out with work people outside of work because they act differently, and talk about non-work-related topics, so you realy get to know a person in this environment. Later I met up with Ari and her crew for a little birthday celebration hang-out time, followed by a late night at the Brentwood Waff. Y'all, I am not kidding, we had the scariest guy waiting on us, and every time he came to ask us if we needed anything I burst out in nervous giggles! It made for an interesting couple of hours. (Shout to Rhonda, the ex Waffle House waitress- you know how I like my hashbrowns- scattered, covered, smothered, & diced!) (ps, whoever decided that "chunked" would be a great way to serve hashbrowns is dumb, because the word chunk is just Not appetizing.) (and FYI, Rhonda really was never a WH waitress, she just lied and told me that one time and I believed her.) So that was Friday.

I slept in on Saturday, laid out for a few hours at the pool with Em & Rhonda, tried to read an article about the Pope in my New Yorker magazine, and my gosh, you practically have to have a phd to understand anything in that article, so I traded that in for something that was more condusive to poolside reading- my In Style magazine. Man, I love that thing! It's my monthly treat! Sat night we had a Ginormous group go bowling for Emily's birthday. Mary Anna made cupcakes, Lana brought her bowling shoes (I don't know why that's funny to me!), and Brad Johnson and I made up what we liked to call Golf Bowling- lowest score wins! Brad won once and I won once. It was a sad night at the Franklin Lanes for us! Lisa and Mary Anna tried to capture on film what they like to call "that aint right" moments so they could post them to their blog. Not sure if they found any blogworthy shots, but we all had a ton of fun. Later Em and I fell asleep watching Shag for the finale of the birthday celebration.

Sunday was pretty laid back- an usually unscheduled day for me- until 6 oclock when we got my small group and Allison's small groups together for a dinner at Allison's condo. The food of course was great- you can never have too many deserts- and the conversation spanning a variety of topics such as Michael Bolton: lame, or gulity pleasure?, classic Nick-at-Night shows such as Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude, and You Can't Do That On Television, rapping through the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Weez, I thought of you!), Bathroom Antics Part 2: the ghostwipe and "stalling out," and oh-so many more. Afterwards Mary Anna and I wasted brain cells and $8.50 a piece on Wedding Crashers. Don't go unless you're a guy- it's more of a rental-esque movie. But it was fun getting to hang out with her at least.

So anyways-the birthday celebrations are finite, the weekend is a distant memory, and it's another busy day here. Kairos tonight. Lots more churches to sell choir music to. Hope you're enjoying your Tuesday, wherever you are!

No comments: