Friday, August 26, 2005

Don't eat the lotion!

Do you ever have those nights where you have something scheduled to do that you really don't feel like going to, but then once you get there, you are so glad you went? Well that's how I felt about Bible study last night, except that I really didn't have a choice in the matter about going- we were meeting at my apartment, so I didn't have the option to skip! I had had a crappy day at work (boys are dumb, and that's all I'll say), Emily had a crappy day too, so we sat in our living room and had a sob-fest (minus the tears) about our collectively crappy day. Then 7 o'clock rolled around and it was time for Bible study.

Somewhere in the course of those 3 hours, my attitude gradually changed from bitter and out-of-sorts to giggley and grateful for the wonderful friends I have in my life- maybe it had something to do with the gab fest we had afterwards,each of us one-upping each other with funny stories about work and friends ("Have you seen the nipples," Lisa?), Sarah's synopsis of the Crunk-umentary movie, "Rise," or being content to stand in the kitchen for 30 minutes finalizing details of our awesome weekend ahead. But by 10 till 10 when everyone finally left, I was giddy and not anywhere ready to go to sleep.

Em wandered in my room and picked up my bottle of Coconut Lime Verbena lotion, opened it, and sniffed. "What is it about this stuff that smells so good?" she wondered aloud. "I would say the coconut," I said. I paused. "Or the Lime. Or the Verbena."
"No seriously, this stuff smells good enough to eat," she said.
"well why don't you?" I dared.
"No way! I'm not eating it!"
"Come on, just a little taste."
"N0. You taste it."
Well, I couldn't back down since I was the one who started it. How bad could it be? I mean, one taste wouldn't kill me, and it did smell quite heavenly.
"Ok. Fine. I will..."

... I know the suspense is killing you ...

so yeah, I put a teeny bit on my finger and touched it to my tongue. At first taste it was pretty yummy but then it burned going down and a disgusting lotion taste was left in my mouth for the next 15 minutes or so. I do not recommend eating lotion, for future reference. No matter how good it smells, do not, I repeat, do not eat the lotion! You should be so lucky, that I took one for the team all in the name of research, and did the unthinkable for you all, so you wouldn't have to.

11 comments:

Mary Anna said...

http://www.dessertbeauty.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just looking around some blogs and checking different templates for ideas. Good blog with a nice template. I can start my own blog on beginner guitar thanks to your blog. I will visit weekly by the way. Like your ideas.

ChrisWoznitza said...

Hi I´m Chris. Great page !!! Greatings from Germany Bottrop !!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just doing my daily blogging "hello's" through people's comment sections. I find it's nice to have people commenting on all the writing, don't you?

I've got a alternative depression treatment site.

It's all related to alternative depression treatment, so if that's something you're looking for, feel free to visit.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up this blog. I run a website about forex trading signals. If that interests you, visit if you get a chance - thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Well done - love it...from a San Mateo Vet

Anonymous said...

I like your news clips. Visit anytime, And Im always looking for new reads.

poker

Anonymous said...

Well, I figure I'd try to get in here before Anonymous got banned forever....

No blogs to advertise, nothing to add other than a simple "thank you" to the Eater Of The Lotion.

Thanks for paving the way...

-E-

Sweet Sleep said...

golly gee, i'm glad to see you have so many friends with secret agendas who are trying to use your blog to sell guitars and toe nail clippers (what the heck), or houses for orphans by going to www.sweetsleep.org, oh wait, that last one was me. oops. i'm not anonymous. what am i saying!
just thought i'd post while you were all looking into online treatment for blog related depression... i'm oh so glad i did. it was riveting to read these replies.

godspeed,
jen

remember folks, homes for orphans at www.sweetsleep.org. if you love trading stocks with grannies from germany, you'll love what we do with limestone blocks and 6-inch foam.

Anonymous said...

i'm guessing this will be my last comment to the diva domain as i am "anonymous." bradley, i don't blame you at all if you get rid of the option, especially with you being such a team player and all.
~ari

jillymae said...

geez at the ads!

hey, you shoulda double dog dared her, then Em woulda had to eat the lotion :o)