Thursday, May 19, 2005

Just when you thought it was safe to sing in your car

I have just seen the greatest show on television! Last night while flipping channels I paused on VH1 where I saw various clips of people singing in their cars. The clips kept coming and I realized that not only did the drivers not know they were being filmed, but there was an entire show devoted to this! I was hooked. There was clip after clip of these poor people singing and dancing in their seats while tooling around town, with a hidden camera installed somewhere in the dash of their car. This is a brilliant concept called Motormouth2, which can only mean there was a Motormouth1- how have I not heard about this until now??

The idea is you set up your friends who you know to be obnoxiously bad singers and vh1 goes from town to town filming these candid camera set-ups and then air them on national tv! It’s brilliant I tell you.

"Just when you thought it was safe to sing in your car... we return to take you on a tour of forty cities to surprise, shock and embarrass America's worst singers and most outrageous drivers!"

I felt it my civic duty to pass on the knowledge of this great programming so you too can tune in on VH1 tonight at 10pm central.

7 comments:

jillymae said...

this show is TRULY funny! because some people really can't sing, and there's a reason they only should in their car ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that show!! It cracks me up when the friend gets in the car to try and get them to really make fools of themselves. I would so win on that show! ~Angela

Anonymous said...

That show has been on for a while now. It is very funny though.

Amanda said...

hey anonymous Angela! Welcome to the blog, and thanks for stopping by- you stay classy ;o)

Anonymous said...

not to burst your bubble... but... look very closely at the car...every car next time you watch the show. i think it's rigged in some way.it is the same car, never fails, everytime. maybe a different shade of gray, but same car. every time. i promise. take a look... you never know what you might see. ~ H Bo...OUT!

Amanda said...

No it's not the same car- I actually thought of that- the cars are different I tell you! I should know- I just watched it last night. I also read on vh1.com yesterday that there was an episode taped in Knoxville- so you and your friends are not safe Heather- be on guard! :o)

jillymae said...

pppphhhhhbbbbttttttt! it's not the same car. i watched it last night. it's close, because they use rental cars sometimes from the same rental place - that's how they get 'em.

last night was soooo funny! did anyone else see the "air guitar" performed on the seatbelt? that was a new one for me! dangerous, but funny!