Friday, May 06, 2005

Big Pimpin

At approximately 9pm last night, the Penthouse Pets plus Mary Anna (an honorary roommate) rolled into Jonathan’s at Cool Springs ready to celebrate 05-05-05. Oh- I guess I should back up. First Ari, Momma B, and my boss Joel went to grab some dinner, chips, and margaritas at Lost Promise. Or Las Palmas, depending on who you ask. It was an interesting couple of hours, and I’ll leave it at that. All of my worlds were colliding at once and plus everything’s a little crazy in a Mexican restaurant on Cinco de Mayo. So back to 9pm, we get in free to Jonathan’s, who is having this supposedly huge party sponsored by Corona. But really, it’s all old people trying to slow dance to the Mexican music, and stuck-up Brentwoodians and Franklinites desperately trying to have a good time despite being trapped in the Bubble. (By the way- it used to be the Brentwood Bubble- but now I am thinking this bubble includes Franklin people as well. It’s pretty much them versus the Columbia and Spring Hill people- the black sheep of the county, if you will.) We made our own fun, had some free coronas, ran into a girl from church, and hung out a while before moving on to locale numero dos. As we’re leaving Jonathan’s I see Ari at the front and pull her along for the ride. Literally. We had a limo full of us girls, plus Stewart (Rhonda’s coworker, the British guy with a quasi Boston accent) and JJ, the Corona guy. We were whisked away to yet another Cinco de Mayo party in the lap of luxary- and it was Rhonda Lu’s first time in a limo, so she was giddy. Actually, we all kind of were, so we were singing every rap and Dixie Chicks song on the radio. Our driver Tom took us to Sam’s in the Village where we found more people we knew from church, and I saw my friend Kacey from Governor’s school. This mix of people was a lot more fun to hang out with, and we stayed here for what felt like hours. In reality, when the limo dropped us off at the Penthouse, it was only a little after 12:30!! When did we get old, because I realized I wasn’t 21 anymore when I woke up with black eye makeup everywhere this morning and had to drag my sleepy self to work. What can I say? Pimpin ain’t easy. Happy Friday to all y’all.

2 comments:

jillymae said...

limo???? you had a limo? for cinco de mayo? por que? that is truly some BIG PIMPIN!!!

macub723 said...

Rhonda lost her limo virginity! I too, realized at 6 a.m. Friday morning that I'm not getting any younger...