Monday, June 19, 2006

What's a Farger?

As promised, here's a quick shout-out to my wonderful dad and the day devoted to him!

I was part of the vocal team that morning at church so it was cool being able to sing for him for father's day. After church the fam came to the ballpark to watch Team Kairos play softball. We unfortunately lost and I seemed to sink further into my hitting slump that's been going on the last few games ( I know, I know dad- I'm not snapping my wrists!). After the game we congregated in the living room to open father's day presents. Seriously- the only time this room ever gets used is when we are opening presents for a birthday or mother's or father's day. The rest of the year this room is completely useless. But I digress. You can see here how thrilled the dogs were to be a part of the celebration. They got dad a book on the Beatles' music engineer detailing all the cool ways he got different sounds onto their records.








And here's the proof in photo format that we are all related- without realizing it all 3 of us were sitting on the couch like this so mom made us take a picture! I proceeded to fall asleep on the couch in my sweaty softball clothes for 2 hours while the others got things done around the house. Oopsy. Laura woke me up in time to get dressed for the Sounds game that we were taking dad to. The game got rained out but not before we drove down there and got soaking wet. Of Course. So we came home, changed, and took dad to the Catfish House where I enjoyed a huge dinner of Catfish, Scallops, and shrimp. LOL

3 comments:

Mary Anna said...

Ya I bet you ate plenty of catfish, scallops and shrimp...

Anonymous said...

I had such a good time this weekend! I miss my family.
--Laura

winn said...

the "LOL" at the end really increased the impact of this story.