Thursday, September 01, 2005

meet my new boyfriend

I had a conversation with my friend Mitchell last night about dating relationships (see August 11, 2004 for Mitchell's insightful 7 stages in a dating relationship for a good chuckle). He called to talk about football, but inevitably our conversation turned to our lack-of-luck with the various men and women in our lives.
"I can't find a girl who'll put up with me for more than a week," Mitchell complained.
"Well that's funny," I said. "I can't find a guy I Want to put up with for more than a week!!" Then Mitchell had a brilliant idea.
"Let's say we're dating then. There's something weird that happens when you start dating someone that makes other people suddenly attracted to you." I couldn't argue with the guy- he was absolutely right. (Even though the kid is on a 6 year plan in college, you can't deny his street-smarts.)
But what is it about seeing a guy or gal that you know is taken, but you crush on them anyways? I suppose it's the old adage we want what we can't have. But it's an undeniable physiological occurance that makes the opposite sex attracted to you when they know you're taken. So hello single men out there, I'm dating Mitchell! Mitchell is my boyfriend. Are you listening?
I doubt this experiement will work long distance, but it's worth a shot, right? :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a memory foam mattressblog. It pretty much covers memory foam mattress related information.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

Nina said...

You're right. People always want who they can't have. Hopefully it works out for you, but remember, things always happen when you aren't looking.

Rhonda Lu said...

Dear Mr. Memory Foam Mattress,
Jeers to you for advertising via the Diva Domain. Your site is quite entertaining, in a That-Ain't-Right sense. The article entitled "History of Mattresses" was enthralling. And this is Jay Leno "Headlines"-worthy:

"About the author: Thomas Jay Wacker is the General Manager and V.P. of www.simplepedic.com. Wacker has over 20 years experience in the home furnishing industry and leads the Wacker Management Team in Denver Colorado."

WACKER. WACKERWACKERWACKER!!!!

jillymae said...

i think Rhonda just likes saying "wacker"

Anonymous said...

rhonda...you are totally cracking me up. i love this. and, i'm glad to see your new computer is paying off! =)
i'm all for amanda's experiment. i think i'll go flip through my phone for a boyfake.....

nopta buena!
-flips