Thursday, September 15, 2005

How do I loke thee?

Let me count the ways.

He lokes me, he lokes me not.

Loke is a many spendid thing.

So we had our small group last night- we're still reading Blue Like Jazz- and the chapter we discussed was all about romantic relationships. As a group of single gals- one engaged, one quasi-dating, one with an imaginary boyfriend (this is working by the way), and a few others currently unattacted, we had a lot to say on this topic!

One point that was brought up was the fact the word Love is thrown around all too often. Ashley had a solution for this. She has a friend back in Texas (everybody from Texas thinks their state is the God-given promised land, and so everything is better there according to them. Everything's also bigger there. But I digress.). So her friend coined the word Loke. It's more than Like, but less than Love, and has nothing to do with the rapper who sang the Funky Cold Medina- that's L-O-C.

Let's all try and use it in a sentence. I like vanilla ice cream. I Love chocolate chip, but I Loke rasberry sherbet. I'm not sure how quickly loke will catch on, but it's a good word to throw into one's vocabulary when one has more than lukewarm feelings about a particular person, place or object, but does not want to commit fully to the big L-word. Though I can't take credit for this new bit of slang, perhaps it will revolutionalize the way you talk and will have me saying before too long, You loke me. You really loke me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know who bradley lokes...
~ari

emilyb said...

I loke it, I loke it, I loke it!!

Mary Anna said...

I know who lokes bradley...

Anonymous said...

oh, how I'd love to know... or be...

MamaB said...

I know who Amanda lokes as well!!!She can't have any secrets now that she is living back at home with the parentals!!!!!Love, MamaB