Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A day of Labor (and a weekend without)

Greetings fellow blog readers (because I'm not only the president, I'm also a client.)

It has been several days since we last visited, and so much has happened! First and foremost, I am now the proud owner of pink cowboy boots! Yes, 5 months of no shopping was broken to purchase these special shoes at a nice discount rate. (I'm still debating the worthiness of the break on the shopping ban for these little rosey-hued mud-kickers.) But enough on that pointless debate. So how did you spend your weekend, Amanda? Well I'm glad you asked!

Friday night (lights): went with a group to see the Winter's Tale- Shakespere in the Park. Unfortunately, the fireworks at Greer stadium that could be seen in the distance, and watching Lana's eyes wander and almost fall off the back of the bench we were sitting on was way more entertaining than the actual play. Coffee at Fido afterwords where 4 girls laughed hysterically and swaped inside jokes while 2 guys sat there dumbfounded at our ability to create a party wherever we go.

Saturday: Holt came into town, we went running, laid by the pool, ran a few errands, ate a little ice cream (here's my unsolicited advertisment: Go to Coldstone Creamery this month- their red pan flavor is cookie batter and it's heavenly- I've had it twice already, and it's only the 6th day of the month!!). Went to MA's swanky pad to watch Shag and eat Pizza. Went Bootscootin' at the Wildhorse Saloon in my new pink boots with Em, Natalie, and Holt (in her pink boots as well!). Ended up at the tried and true back patio of Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and sang along with the country and rock classics (Em- our rendition of "Gone" will go down in Tootsies Fun Times Memories as being espeically good).

Sunday: BBC, QDoba, UK football party at the house- hey, we didn't win, but we didn't get massacred either. Holt's Brotha got hurt on the sidelines ("my brotha..."), and Lana became enlightened on Frog Giggin (not diggin'). Franklin Main Street Jazz Festival, aka, a glorified outdoor corner conversation spot in which you pay 5 dollars to enjoy. Football season has officially begun! Woo hoo!

Monday: breakfast with Momma B at Bruegger's, a trip to Wally World, more pool time (darn that living at home), homemade pizza, FSU game at the Penthouse, homemade (read: store-bought) key lime pie from the guys, more pizza. Did I mention that we're excited that it's football season again?? Also I'm excited about wearing sweaters again soon. I think that means I'm getting old. I also think that if that old expression "you are what you eat" is true then I'm turning into a pizza. I had it 3 times this weekend.

Tuesday: back at work... lots of orders, but not much labor going on. I've spaced out a lot today. I blame the 3 1/2 days off. And the psychadelic lights here on the sales floor.

2 comments:

emilyb said...

Aboslutely...the rendition of "Gone" will not soon be forgotten. It was one for the Tootsie's record books. I look forward to more boot scootin' boogie nights in our stylin cowboy boots!!

Mary Anna said...

Raise your hand if you were SHAG de-virginized this weekend???