So my coworker Beth and myself are trying to round up a few people to go to happy hour with after work today. We are both fun girls I think. So our co-worker Maury (like Povich, not the county south of Williamson) walks by and Beth invites him to go with us. He hesitates for a moment and then busts out with what I think just might be the lamest excuse I have ever heard.
Well, I need to go shopping for an area rug, he says.
Beth and I uncontrollably burst out in laughter.
Maury doesn't really see why this is so funny to us. At least, we tell him, that Mark's excuse was a little more masculine (a Sounds game)- but shopping for area rugs? Come on, Maury. Are we that bad???
I never thought I'd have this much trouble finding friends to go out with after work, but how can I compete with the Home Depot and yards of earth-toned, sturdy fabric?
3 comments:
Boy, that does sound like an excuse. In reality he probably had to go home to feed his cats and watch Oprah.
You can compete. Don't worry about that.
LMAO!
BTW I (heart) the new anti-spam verification in order to post!
Post a Comment