Friday, September 09, 2005

Gimme 2 area rugs on the rocks

So my coworker Beth and myself are trying to round up a few people to go to happy hour with after work today. We are both fun girls I think. So our co-worker Maury (like Povich, not the county south of Williamson) walks by and Beth invites him to go with us. He hesitates for a moment and then busts out with what I think just might be the lamest excuse I have ever heard.
Well, I need to go shopping for an area rug, he says.
Beth and I uncontrollably burst out in laughter.
Maury doesn't really see why this is so funny to us. At least, we tell him, that Mark's excuse was a little more masculine (a Sounds game)- but shopping for area rugs? Come on, Maury. Are we that bad???
I never thought I'd have this much trouble finding friends to go out with after work, but how can I compete with the Home Depot and yards of earth-toned, sturdy fabric?

3 comments:

Mark Kelly Hall said...

Boy, that does sound like an excuse. In reality he probably had to go home to feed his cats and watch Oprah.

Anonymous said...

You can compete. Don't worry about that.

Mary Anna said...

LMAO!

BTW I (heart) the new anti-spam verification in order to post!