Friday, September 02, 2005

katrina's aftermath

I said to my friend Conley last night on the phone, "so, I hear 100,000 of your closest friends are coming to visit!" (Conley lives in Houston.)

I'm sure like me, you've all been glued to CNN watching in horror the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Listening to the stories of the stranded people with no food and water, doctors fearing for their lives as they try to help patients, and the highly televised looters has caused me to shake my head in disbelief. (Which philosopher during the Age of Enlightenment said that man in his natural state is barbaric and therefore we need laws to govern us? I'm in a hurry trying to get out of here for the weekend otherwise I'd research it myself- but I just didnt want another day to go by with me ignoring the current situation our nation is in.) Please take advantage of the many organizations that are collecting funds and sending aid- every little bit helps. Also, remember that as Christians, our biggest weapon that we have is prayer. Pray for the families who have lost loved ones or are missing, pray for the military and police who are attempting to restore order; pray for the local government in these southern states who are trying to mobilize the aid given and to be able to help their people as best as they can. More than anything, pray that God is glorified and that lives are changed through this catastrophic experience.

I Love you all! Have a great weekend!! Don't drive if you don't have to!

No comments: