Sunday, April 17, 2011

Queen MAB's birthday celebration

The ever fab Queen MAB hit the big 3-0 this week, and to celebrate, she threw herself one dang good party.  She rented a hotel suite in downtown Nashville, and provided her guests with wine and snacks while we hung out and got ready on Friday afternoon after work.  Then we drove over to Sunset Grill for a 7:30 pm dinner, shared her yummy birthday dessert, and regrouped at the hotel before cabbing it over to the trendy Tavern bar in Midtown.

We ordered a cab for 8, but somehow I ended up sitting on the floor, and holding onto the OS handle while the crazy cabbie wove through downtown.  It's okay- it was a short drive.  (Yet somehow, still $13... I think his math was a little shady) Actually, we made a brief stop at the next door Broadway Brewhouse first while waiting for our table at Tavern.  Of course, I just Had to have a Bushwacker at BB- it's like an alcoholic frosty, if you've never had one.  They are quite delish.  At Tavern, we had a big roomy round booth, perfect for conversating, and people watching.  Someone might have gotten a piercing that night if the place hadn't been closed (Not me!) but alas, it was not meant to be.

After a couple drinks, we cabbed it back to the hotel, trying to explain to the foreign driver that while we were "from here," we were staying in a hotel.  The drive was too short for him to get it, I think.  Back in the suite, we changed into our jammies, MA opened her birthday gifts, and we enjoyed champagne and cupcakes.  (The girl knows how to plan an event, doesn't she?)  We were in bed by 2 a.m. and were totally exhausted!  After breakfast at the hotel the next morning, I was anxious to get home and see my little man.  It was a blast, MA- thanks again for being born, and for being a great event planner.  I enjoyed my night out with the girls.  I also napped both Saturday and Sunday to catch up on sleep!

No comments: