Wednesday, March 15, 2006

the word of the day!

My co-workers and I have begun to play this little game we fondly call the Word of the Day. It's just what you might think it is- the winner from the day before gets to pick the word of the day, and everyone tries to use this magic word on the phone with a customer. It makes the work day go by more quickly, and it encourages us to call out more.

The Rules:
1. play begins officially at 2pm every afternoon
2. emails to customers do not count
3. however, phone messages do count
4. only once useage of the word will count per call
5. the winner at the end of the day takes posession of a small gold coin
(the "trophey") and takes responsibility for coming up with tomorrow's WOTD

You have no idea how funny it is to be at your desk and hear a male co-worker say, "we have some fantastic new choral music" or "have a delightful afternoon!" As a girl, I feel like I can get away with more of the affirming words without having to defend my sexuality the way some of the guys might.

Today's word happens to be, and I am not kidding- people have actually worked this into conversations: supercalafragilisticexpialidocious
No, I have not used it yet. I am fighting TN allergy season and am having a hard enough time speaking clearly on the phone through my stuffiness. So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I can handle not winning today, and giggle whenever somebody else says it!

2 comments:

Big Blue Barry said...

Who was able to work "supercali..." into a conversation??? Give them a prize!

jillymae said...

i agree with barry, give that person a prize! how the heck do you work THAT one into comversation without people thinking you forgot your meds this morning?