Sunday, March 19, 2006

is it Monday yet?

You know how some weekends are spectacularly fun, and it makes Monday morning such a drag? Well this weekend has been the total opposite! Not be a real downer or anything, cause nothing terrible happened- well- Kentucky lost today- so that always depresses me and forces me to pull out the Radiohead and Coldplay so I can wallow in my own state of melancholy- but the cold weather and cloudy skies did a number on my motivation for the weekend!

Let's see- Sephora is now open in Nashville, which on any other sunny day would be worth a blog post in it of itself, but today it seems like old news! I love my new makeup. Buyer's remorse has set in slightly, but everything I bought was what I felt like to be good purchases, and I have actually had several compliments on my makeup the past few days- yes, without me having to pull them out of anyone- they were all freely given- so that makes me feel better about my girly obsession with cosmetics. Before too long I may have to devote another entire dresser drawer for the overflow of makeup that won't fit into all my neat compartments in the one drawer I have now!

Lunch at Jackson's gave me the punniest opportunity of a lifetime, so I have to brag because I actually am quite proud of myself! The 6 of us- Mandy, MA, Em, Lana, Scottie, and myself split 2 deserts after devouring our lunches, and one of the deserts came with a shaker filled with chilled milk. As Lana poured herself some from the shaker into the top, some milk dripped through the wrought-iron patio table and onto her jeans. And as the story goes, Lana let out a loud exasperated whine, to which I immediately retorted, "well don't cry over it." :o)

St. Patty's Day plans fell through- the ecclectic group of people where not everyone knew everyone did little to make the night as much fun as I had built it up to be- we ended up not able to go to the Greenhouse- long story- so we bar hopped from Jackson's to Cabana (and I sang the barry manilow song all day yesterday because of it) to On the Rocks to the Tin Roof. Biggest bummer of the night- none of these places had Green Beer. I'm thinking about having a party soon and we'll make our own green beer with food coloring- who's in? Here is the one picture I have of the entire evening- me, Amy, Mary Anna, Mandy, & Rhonda Lu in our green.



Getting very little sleep that night- thanks to late night trips to the Brentwood Waff and long talks with friends, I was a total slug yesterday and carrying over to today! It's this darned weather I tell you! I had planned to go over to the BBC game night thing at 4 oclock but after Kentucky losing and my class at church at 6, it's not even worth getting out anymore I don't think.

I do love March madness though, and have filled up my weekend with nothing but basketball. My brackets aren't as accurate as I'd like them to be, but luckily for me, I think all of the teams I chose to make it to the final four are still in it so far. I am just ready for a new week- a new beginning, and for this funky anti-social mood I'm in to pass quickly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweetie, i'll even drink pink beer with you, if it'll help!
~ari

Mary Anna said...

I had fun with you at Sephora, even though Cabana was a bit of a bust!