Wednesday, March 22, 2006

a spiritual Springtime

It's a sunny-but-chilly morning here in Brentwood- and I have woken up a new woman this a.m. If I can be completely transparent with you- something I am not good at being, so bear with me- I was talking to God this morning as I got ready for work and it hit me- I am woman of God- I am worth being pursued and am worth not settling for anything less than God's best for me. As a woman I sometimes rely so heavily on my emotions when I know logic is telling me otherwise. I intentionally sin and worry about the consequences later, because "it's not a big deal."

Simply put, I have no excuses for myself- I have an amazing group of girlfriends to support me, and keep me busy- I have plenty of other activities to keep my hours full without having to add in whatever sorry excuse for a substitute-boyfriend I can squeeze in. I do not need male attention to prove my self-worth, and if God wants me to be single in this season of my life then I have an obligation to follow Him wholeheartedly and not doubt his sovreignty, my worthiness, and His ultimate plan for my life.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Exodus 9:16

I must not become bitter and pragmatic- who finds THAT attractive? Certainly not me! So I am turning over a new leaf. I am wonderfully and fearfully made. I am made in the image of God, and it is through Him only that I can find any self-worth.

Spring is here. Time for new life & growth to appear everywhere, and I feel like maybe now will be a springtime for my life as well.

"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

11 comments:

Mary Anna said...

Your renewal of spirit also spurs me on. I'm in prayer for you. And you're exactly right--you rock and should only be with someone else that rocks just as much as you!

Sarah said...

Wow. Yay spring and yay you!

CoFoBa said...

Atta-girl. Amen to that.

Anonymous said...

I have always told you not to worry and that you will meet someone when you are suspossed to. You are the most amazing person and I am proud to be your little sister. I love you and am looking forward to going to Indiana this weekend.
---Laura

Audrey said...

Your transparency is much appreciated. The Spirit is an amazing lifter of souls and challenger of minds. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

you make me feel so proud and honored that we're friends. you never cease to amaze and inspire me. thank you.
~ari

emilyb said...

Amen to that!

The Lord has been challenging me lately with the word "faith" and what it means to live it out. I had lunch with a good friend yesterday who asked me if there has ever been a time in my life when God has not been faithful. I gave a resounding "NO". She said she felt like the Lord has been saying to her, "If you can name one time in your life when I have not been faithful to you and to my promises, then we'll talk." It kinda makes you stop in your tracks, doesn't it. When I look at my job and my friends and my family and how God has provided those things. Why couldn't he provide an amazing man, too?

Yeah for spring time in the soul!

Kobosky262 said...

Hey Bradley!
So lately, my thoughts on faith are if God can provide air to a girl who is not breathing from a motorcycle accident, then surely an awesome godly man is easy! Men are more common than nasal trachs by far! God is so in control with perfect timing always. Thanks for the coffee. Love you!

MamaB said...

Amanda
Listen to your friends and your little sister.......God IS faithful and will provide your every need BUT in HIS timing. Just keep on enjoying life and making a difference in the lives of your friends and family by being who you are.
Love
Mom

ellen said...

I do know how you feel Amanda! Thanks for sharing and reminding me that I'm not alone.

Topodaworld said...

It is difficult to turn "life" over to God sometimes, even though we claim to be doing so. I can totally relate to where you are at and can tell you that when we do it ourselves, it can turn out sooooo wrong. God is always right, always perfect and always watching out for you and I. Inspite of my past failures, I know this to be true.
And I know that a wonderful, intelligent, and kind woman like yourself is going to make a wonderful wife for some blessed guy, keep the FAITH...