Thursday, February 02, 2006

Got Blog?

It's official. I am now the new sales rep for Tennessee and Nevada. It's a step up for me in the company, and it means I'll be able to talk football (both Titans and Vols) with my customers, not to mention that I am one of the few native Tennesseans in my office, or in the state, it seems, so I'll have that connection with them. This also means that if Dennis orders music from Brentwood Benson for BBC, then I get paid for it. I am sad about losing my Alabama customers, especially since I don't deal with change well, but I do have some more good news to share as well.

It seems that my influence on people desiring to create their own blogs has grown exponentionally. In the past 2 days, Mary Anna's Queen MAB Manifesto was launched, my boss Joel has started a blog on a site that nobody goes to, but then he forwards them to all of us, and co-workers Todd and Cody started their blogging adventures today and yesterday, respectfully. Blogging, like MySpace, is no longer what computer geeks and dorks spend their time doing in lieu of going on dates, but rather something that has caught on like a chocolate stand at a PMS conference. (Although come to think of it, I can't really remember when my last date actually was... hmmm...)

Really blogging's cathartic, it's a great way of keeping out-of-town friends, relatives, and complete strangers who happen to stumble upon your profile on the internet up-to-date on your happenings and well-being. It's also a wonderful way to record what's going on in your life for your own personal use. I love to go back 6 months or a year and read what I was doing, jokes that were funny then that have long-since been retired (Oh, REEEAAAALLLYY???), and recall funny events that happened (Soapy Quesadillas still reigns supreme). Someday when I write my memoir these will all come in handy. (And if you're not my friend now, you'd better get in soon if you want a great supporting character role in my memoir!)

Do YOU have a blog? Did I have any influence on you starting one? If so, send me the link and I'll add you to my list of linked blogs. Then your self-worth will be complete. ;o)

4 comments:

Mary Anna said...

"You're the meaning in my life! You're the inspiration!"

Big Blue Barry said...

Hey Bradley, I had been keeping a blog on my band's site, but in honor of you, I've created my own blog page within the blogger.com community.

http://bigbluebarry.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

You've inspired me to read blogs; that's as much commitment as I'm able to muster.

Tadd said...

I blogged tonight!