Wednesday, November 09, 2005

random musings from the afternoon

*You know you’ve been sucked into the corporate mentality when… your boss’ bosses are coming into the office for the afternoon- as in, the big wigs of the entire corporation- I fondly refer to them as “The Bobs”- and you actually are nervous about the visit.

*Pet peeve # 5,280 (yes, I have pet peeves a mile long): when someone opens a new roll of toilet paper, or uses the last of one, and leaves the trash in the bathroom stall for someone else to throw away (Reeeaaallly, Clark?)


*I “helped” Beth with her faxes this afternoon- really it was just an excuse to stand there and talk for a few minutes. She commented on the fax machine actually working now, since someone replaced the card inside it. “Don’t judge our fax machine by its cover,” she declared. “Don’t judge a fax machine by its cover sheet,” I countered.

Ever since Sarah Scottie-Too-Hottie sent out an email with the closing, Happy Hump Day, I have that stupid Black Eyed Peas song stuck in my head:
My hump.
My hump. My hump. My hump.
My hump. My hump. My hump.
My lovely lady lumps. Check it out.


ha ha. Now you're singing it too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

samir naga.. not gonna work here anymore.

--laura

Anonymous said...

corporate accounts payable, nina speaking....just a moment.

~ari

Sarah said...

Glad I could be of service :)

I really like that you wrote "Scottie-too-Hottie" and that you made Office Space references. Both made my day.