Friday, November 18, 2005

A Vacation & a Raptors victory cannot come soon enough!

Do you ever have those days where you thought you turned the coffee off, only to discover it's been left on all day after you get home? Or you think you turned the defrost on in your car, but instead just turned on the heat, so when you get ready to leave for work, there's still ice encrusted on your windshield? These are signs I think, that someone needs a vacation, and that someone is me.

Enter: 7 girls, 2 altimas, and one "Good Times" cabin in the mountains. I'm leaving at 2pm today from work and the hours just won't pass by quickly enough.


If you're in town tonight, and by in town, of course I am meaning the Brent Hood, and if you aren't going to see Harry Potter (which you all should be doing- no excuses), then I have another suggestion. Pay 7$ for a ticket to see the Battle of the Wood. For those of you Not following TN Region 5-A highschool football (I know- can you believe there are people out there who don't??)- this is code for the highschool football playoff game between Brentwood and Ravenwood High, both Brentwood high schools (although the TSSAA playoff program lists Ravenwood in Franklin- ask Momma B if That didn't tick her off!). While I am a Brentwood High alum, I am actually pulling for Ravenwood (hey- you would be too if you lived under the same roof as my mother who is Insane-in-the-membrane for Ravenwood football- and when Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!). Ravenwood has actually already won the region, beat Brentwood in the regular season, and has home-field advantage and is picked to win. It still should be a good game, so Go Raptors!!!

3 comments:

Mary Anna said...

A post about "Good Times" cannot come soon enough!

Sorry...the natives are getting restless...

Audrey said...

I was also offended at the Franklin reference. It was quite a game.

MamaB said...

And MAMA B IS happy--her raptors are going to the state and coming home with that trophy that I made room for in the trophy case at the beginning of school this year!