Wednesday, November 09, 2005

my new toy



Well, I suppose I have joined Winn in becoming an isellout, but thanks to mom and dad I have joined the masses of ipod owners with my new ipod nano. The funny thing is that I've had my new toy for a week now, but haven't been able to do much else with it, other than open up all the packaging and admire its sleek design. Now I'm in the market for a laptop of some sort to use my ipod with, and to take with me to the big apple and heck, why not take an Apple to the big apple? Mac users who've swtiched from pc's swear by them, although they will admit that it takes some getting used to. I've been researching the adorable little ibooks and am itching to drive out to Green Hills and go to the apple store so I can spend more time exploring the software and see more of the ipod accessories in person. (It's so hard to decide which pink ipod case to buy online) If any of you computer gurus want to put in your two cents about ipods or ibooks, I'm all ears.

6 comments:

emilyb said...

Welcome to iWorld...it's a great place to be. Although, I have to admit, I'm very jealous of your Nano.

jillymae said...

dude, don't buy retail accessories for the Nano. they're a total rip-off. you gotta go with eBay! super cheap accessories for anything. i just upgraded to a new Samsung flip-phone and got all my accessories for a total of $17 (including shipping!): leather case, car charger, handsfree earbud. not $17 a piece, $17 for all three together!

Bethany Shea Roe said...

I have an iBook g4 and Jordan and I have an iPod photo and we love them. I am one of those people who LOVE macs, but if you're not doing something like audio or design with them, there's really not a huge point in getting them other than they're cooler and they look prettier. They're also more expensive :-(

Bethany Shea Roe said...

oh yeah, and btw, when are you going to NY?

Mary Anna said...

I'm jealous...

winn said...

i switched to mac about a year ago.... in june of this year, i switched back. contrary to the ads, i a) did not appear to be "cooler" than i was before, b) ladies did not flock to me because of my powerbook and c) macintosh killed my inner child.

screw being cool, i have work to do.