Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My friend Michelle

Many of you know my sweet friend Michelle. She was the one who got me plugged into a small group a few years ago, and was our fearless leader for a while until she went to Hong Kong in May of 2004. Michelle nudged me (reluctantly, I might add) into a leadership position within our small group, and left me the reigns when she left for HK. She has continually modeled to me what it means to really worship God in everything that you do.

Saturday afternoon Michelle had a motorcyle accident in Western Kentucky and was life-flighted to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville. At first that was all I knew, and I was out of town, unable to rush to the hospital. All I could do was pray... but then I realized ALL that I could Do was PRAY!!

How often do we think of prayer as a last resort when we can "do" nothing else, instead of a first priority?? So many times I take care of things the best I humanly can, and then I go to God as an afterthought. It was a very humbling truth that God showed me on Saturday when I really wasn't able to help Michelle in any other way than by my prayers on her behalf. And I apparently wasn't the only one praying for her, because our girl is pulling through. The injuries she sustained are not life-threatening, although the doctors are keeping a close eye on her, and she will have several surgeries to repair broken bones and facial reconstruction.

Her roommate has set up this website to keep everyone updated on Michelle's long road to recovery. Please keep her in and her family in your prayers, and know that praying is the best thing you can do!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

FYI: the website will time out, so click on Visit a CaringBridge site and type in "michellek" to see her page.

Tadd said...

I'm glad she is doing better!

Amanda, you should check my blog.