Monday, October 03, 2005

Something's Missing




One week later, and a few (try 50) dollars shorter, I'm just now getting around to posting these pictures online. Rhonda, Mary Anna, and myself headed to the reknown Ryman Auditorium to see the John Mayer Trio. Okay- well riddle me this Batman, but every tri I've ever heard of has 3 people. Now I'm willing to stretch the imagination and allow for this motley crew to consist of John Mayer plus 3 of his most talented blues-playing friends, making it an ensemble of 4, but when did 5 people onstage constitute a trio? Why not call the tour, John Mayer and Friends, or the John Mayer Quintet? These are things to which I guess we'll never know the answers!

The show was good, but after seeing Coldplay a few weeks before, nothing compares (to you). It would be like comparing watching the UT-LSU game in overtime or seeing John Mayer perform a bunch of amazing, albeit unknown blues songs. ("Something's Missing"- oh yes, all the John Mayer songs!!) Which would you rather partake in? Rhonda and I had our priorities straight and therefore had my imaginary boyfriend text messaging us updates on the game that we would have, retrospectively of course, rather have been watching.

UT won, John Mayer didn't propose to me, but it was a fun Monday evening out with the girls. Notice our one fun That Aint Right Moment- our young friend's I Heart Freshman Girls T-shirt. Now that's just funny. Also thanks to Mary Anna who sacrificed much of the concert to view the show through the lens of her digital camera to capture these photos and many more.

5 comments:

Mary Anna said...

Raise your hand if you thought that Mr. Mayer was looking a little scraggly with his long locks...

Amanda said...

something's missing.... yeah, that would be the comments on this blog!
Does anyone but me care when I don't post? Buehler?

Mary Anna said...

I care. *sob*

Anonymous said...

Oh wow... no love for the posters... seems like when responses are posted, they go straight to the ignore pile... even well-researched ones... :)

But I understand... a diva's gots things to do... concerts to go to, parties to attend, places to be...

And in the interests of accuracy (with a grin), I think it's "Bueller".

Would hate for all that research I did back in the 80s to go to waste.

Ok... enough for now... :)

-E-

Amanda said...

some of us were too busy going to kindergarden and playing with Barbies in the 80's to do our research- that's why we have YOU Eric! :o)
Seriously- much love to those well-researched and witty quips you often post. They make me smile- me, and my pink bow :o)