Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spiritual Bitamins

So, I've gotten out of the habit of working out since I started working.  (Ironic, no?)  Used to, when I'd take Bradley with me to the Y, on our way out I would let him reach into the plastic fishbowl on the YMCA desk and get a rolled up strip of brightly colored paper upon which a Bible verse is printed.   Bradley was always excited to get his "Spritual Bitamin."  On our way out to the car, we would always read the verse aloud, and then on the way home, Bradley would play with his spiritual vitamin, usually crumpling it to bits.

This past Saturday morning I went to Zumba, and as a surprise, I brought Bradley home a spiritual vitamin.  This was the verse written out, which I thought was sweetly appropriate:

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.  Proverbs 22:6

No comments: