Monday, August 16, 2010

Work FAIL!

Well dear readers, I have discovered the real reason I have gone back to work:  It's to provide entertaining blog fodder for you.  After day one, here's what I endured:

  • Despite waking up an hour and a half before I needed to leave the house this morning, I still managed to leave 15 minutes later than I needed to.  Time sure does fly when you're having fun dreading the first day on the job.
  • I had a severe reaction to some medicine, and proceeded to get on the elevator in the parking garage, and then promptly get out of the elevator, and hurried to the nearest abandoned corner and upchucked my smoothie into a drain near some other person's car.  This takes the cake as the worst event of the day, and made for a memorable first morning.
  • I pointed out a HUGE roach scampering down the hall in the office, and was nonchalantly told that Terminex comes once a month but that it doesn't help much.  Apparently one girl found a roach in her bag.  Greeeeaaaaat. (Note to self:  bring snacks to keep at work in an airtight tupperware container)
  • I got lost IN the office.  It's a circular maze.  Can't a girl just make it to the break room without having to stop and ask directions?  No.  No, she can't.
  • I found out by trial and error that one set of elevators takes you to floors 1-11.  And one set takes you to floors 12-21.
  • While we're on the theme of elevators, the same is true with the parking garage (you know, the one I puked in...) one set of elevators takes you to the red floors, and one set takes you to the blue floors.  Having been warned about the convoluted parking garage layout, guess which elevator yours truly got on at the end of the day?  That's right... the WRONG one!!!

I hope you have laughed at my misfortunes.  I in turn will hopefully look back on this in the future and be able to join you.

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

The puking incident made me laugh out loud. I can't wait to hear about it at lunch today!